Sports Forum Miscel Thoughts.

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
Haven't been in lately, missed some outstanding threads, must weigh in.

First and foremost, A&T v Wake Forest??!! hhhhuuuuuh?!! :eek: oh boy, way to go A&T! I'd like to also see an ASU/AAMU v UAB in the state of Alabama. (I would say Troy State, but I know how ASU has had enough of TSU, and the "we ain't gonna pad their numbers" etc.) Good stuff A&T

Let's see, what else do we have? oh yes,,,, Grambling and Doug "Comegy" Williams; is he back or still going to the pros? :confused:

A-Rod to the yankees. :rolleyes: this gets on my fcuking nerves. The only good thing about this is I hope N.Y. smashes the Atlanta Braves every time they meet and Keep the Braves from winning it all. I can't stand the Braves. :mad: but back to the Yankees,,, come on now Yankees!! the yankees are like the "U.S." of major league baseball; the last great superpower.

The Colorado football situation. This one has several angles. First, Colorado is facing some sanctions it would seem. They need sanctions. That said, I get so fckuing sick of all the "'holier-than-thous" always coming out of the woodwork when these things happen and all the feminists piling on with their "causes" and dramatizing the plight of this and that,, i mean, give me a break. Colorado has some house cleaning to do, end of story. and these females kill me with these stories; "well uuuuuuh,,,, last i remember,,,, we were at the bar slamming shots,,,, the next thing i remember,,,, i work up naked (snifliing and crying),,, and, and,,, that's when i realized,,, i had been brutally and maliciously raped and taken advantage off." ,,,,,, um, hello? why don't you at least travel in packs and take some personal initiatives and precautions and use common sense like,,, don't be slamming shots, by yourself, with a bunch of young football players?? :idea:

Continuing along that thread,,, what the heck is it with these universities and colleges having females to help lure recruits there??? This is such BS in the first place to do this and then expect everything to be sunday scool, boy scouts and girl scouts. YOu gotta bee kidding me here! :rolleyes: They had some female on channel 12 news (in Montgomery) black of coarse talking about how this could never happen at Auburn, they dress very conservatively at parties/receptions,, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. (by this point i was throwing up) Where did this crap come from anyway?!! I don't remember no dayum welcoming committee of females at Tuskegee for recruits when I was there. They just walk dey arse on campus and when they see all the females on campus, that's either a plus or they go somewhere else. I can't believe these schools do this and then act so suprised with something invariably happens! Just unbelivable.

What else? Anybody into Arena Football? probably not, but it has taken root. give it a few more years and it should be even more established.

Birmingham Dome. Apparently things are being rapped up to begin construction. The sports talk radio stations in Birmingham are beginning to whine and belly-ache about the dome being built in downtown Birmingham as opposed to in a B'ham suburb like Leeds (out near the horse track and Barber Motor Sports Park),,, translation, the white people in the region are starting to worry about a $400M project being in 70% black Birmingham and controlled by black politicians, so now they are drumming up opposition to it,,,,, unless of coarse they can get it moved to Leeds, Shelby County, Gardendale or some other white politically controlled suburb of Alabama.:rolleyes: My state kills me. While the Atlantas/Georgias, N.O.s/Louisianas, Houstons-DFWs/Texas, Nashville-Memphis/Tennessees, Orlando-Tampa-Miami-Jacksonville/Floridas and Charlotte-RDUs/North Carolinas can build a mammoth facility in their flag ship cities for the good of the entire state/region and bring pro sports, college bowl games, conventions, Championship games, NCAA tournaments and everything else to their cities states, Alabama is the only stupid morons that STILL sit up and can't manage to accomplish anything because of political in-fighting primarily on historically bad race relations. :redhot:

Lastly, soccer still sucks, San Antonio Spurs still rule, go Birmingham Steeeeeeel Dogs, Montgomery Biscuits baseball and draft beer rule (we're going to SMASH the B'ham Barons, Huntsville Stars and Mobile whatevers into little bitty meatballs), the Lakers are a suprise and I hope they get run in the playoffs, there's no hope for my teams in the NCAA tourney, GOOD NIGHT NOW!

Back