Sports do-overs

I know it said 1, but I can't pick just one. lol

1) Southern vs. Gonzaga

We were so close to making history in that game. If that corner 3 doesn't go down for John Stockton's son ( it was either him or Pangos) we win that game, and make history being the 1st ever 16-seed to beat a 1-seed. Would have been fun to play Wichita State in the 2nd round with the team we had that season.

2) Southern vs. LSU Regional Game

LSU really downplayed the performance of our baseball team. I'll never forget that LSU player saying that our numbers came against the SWAC while they played in the SEC. Winning that game in Alex Box would have really shook the LSU folks and made that LSU player eat his words big time.

The day my child was being watched by Tennessee and she and her softball team had their hat handed to them by a kid that did not make the team. Coach Weekly was all poised to grab this high end athlete and she looked horrible. Of course the next game of the day she ripped up some pitching.
Got to add Losing the state basketball tournament to lowly Coffee High.

The 1999 NCAA Division I-AA playoff semifinals...ridiculous how we choked that game away late in the 4th quarter

Grambling vs Arizona- Kincade does not get hurt, we win that game going away.

Grambling vs McNesse- If Bruce would have took a little bit off the slant pass, we would have beat McNeese at Robinson Stadium (ranked 1 at the time)

There are probably more but those are the two that pop in my mind.

1) Southern vs. Gonzaga

We were so close to making history in that game. If that corner 3 doesn't go down for John Stockton's son ( it was either him or Pangos) we win that game, and make history being the 1st ever 16-seed to beat a 1-seed. Would have been fun to play Wichita State in the 2nd round with the team we had that season.

LSU really downplayed the performance of our baseball team. I'll never forget that LSU player saying that our numbers came against the SWAC while they played in the SEC. Winning that game in Alex Box would have really shook the LSU folks and made that LSU player eat his words big time.
WE had LSU beat, are you talking the Weeks era. We were leading by 1 in the ninth and Cador should have taken away the lines, guess what happened, they got a triple and won the game smh. But Rickie was a couple of inches from putting the game away with a HR in the top of the ninth.

Yeah @number1 That Southern-Gonzaga game is one I would want bank. Think it was Pangos with that dagger corner three. I honestly believe in my heart of hearts we could've made the Sweet 16 because we matched up pretty well against Wichita State that year too.

Also gotta go with Grambling vs. Arizona from last season and LSU-Southern in the baseball regional.

I also wish we had deeper pitching the year baseball went to Southern Miss' regional as well.

Yeah @number1 That Southern-Gonzaga game is one I would want bank. Think it was Pangos with that dagger corner three. I honestly believe in my heart of hearts we could've made the Sweet 16 because we matched up pretty well against Wichita State that year too.

Also gotta go with Grambling vs. Arizona from last season and LSU-Southern in the baseball regional.

I also wish we had deeper pitching the year baseball went to Southern Miss' regional as well.
Yeah that team would have gone to Omaha for sure with more pitching depth.

Add BCU vs Florida game 2....one call turned that game
Amazing how BCU nearly eliminated them and Florida went on to win the World Series. The team that showed up in Omaha was much different than the team that almost got eliminated by BCU.

Last edited:

1995 Austin, TX

My TSU Tigers missing the last two free throws against Arkansas Razorbacks in the opening round of the NCAA tournament. This loss still cuts like a knife.
I watched that entire game, TSU had them beat. Arkansas went on to win the entire thing. Might have changed the landscape of SWAC basketball with back to back NCAA victories.

1995 Austin, TX

My TSU Tigers missing the last two free throws against Arkansas Razorbacks in the opening round of the NCAA tournament. This loss still cuts like a knife.

Ohhh!!!!!! I remember that MF'er! That one was painful for every SWAC alum watching!

1) Southern vs. Gonzaga

1. I got bashed on this board for calling the near upset. Folks learned their lesson quickly.

2. That one was a heartbreaker as well.

Grambling vs Arizona- Kincade does not get hurt, we win that game going away.

Grambling vs McNesse- If Bruce would have took a little bit off the slant pass, we would have beat McNeese at Robinson Stadium (ranked 1 at the time)

There are probably more but those are the two that pop in my mind.

Man. You would have thought I needed a straight jacket they was I went crazy when we scored our second TD. Our WR corps and offensive line were in complete command. Kincaid would have made his name quickly had he finished the game.

That feel in the air was amazing that McNeese game. They were top ranked in the FCS, but no G-Man in the building gave a F. We wanted revenge for the previous match up and fought like hell. I enjoyed the Cowboy fans as well. They knew we had them beat.

Back