Spike's New Joint: She Hate Me

Its not playing nationwide yet. I saw the preview almost two months ago. I will check it out, because Spikes my boy. We go back to the winter of '87 with "She's Gotta Have It". People were sleep on "25th Hour". That movie was smoove.

No ..............I hear it only took in a little over $100k the first weekend it opened. Have not heard anything or anyone talk about it since.

jstate83 said:
No ..............I hear it only took in a little over $100k the first weekend it opened. Have not heard anything or anyone talk about it since.

Opened ony in selected theaters in New York and L.A. its first weekend.

100K?

Wow. Spike has been experiencing a creativity drought it seems. That man hasn't had an interesting script in almost a decade.

I have been looking at the distribution, and it has only been shown in a limited amount of cities and screens. The way that it is shaping up, it has me wondering if Spike is distributing this independently. Mario Van Peeples did the BAD AZZZ movie a few months ago similiar.

She hates me debuts in Atlanta this weekend. It is only showing on 2 screens in a metro area that has over 1 million black citizens. One of those screens is in an area that have a lower concentration of blacks than in several metro counties.

Maybe it's a non commercial movie, if there is such a term. I don't know what Spike is trying to
do. I know he teaches film at New York University.

pbla said:
Maybe it's a non commercial movie, if there is such a term. I don't know what Spike is trying to
do. I know he teaches film at New York University.

I may be wrong but think it is an "independent film." I do know that the one theatre that it is being shown at in the city of Atlanta usually shows independent films. The other theatre that it is showing at in metro Atlanta (Kennesaw) is way out of the way.

J, you were more generous than me, because I gave it a B-. I thought he went in too many different directions with it, sort of the way he did with "Bamboozled."

I thought the movie would've been great had he stuck to the story line of getting the lesbians pregnant, and subsequently clearing his name in the business world. I thought there were too many sub-plots to effectively follow the movie, and too many stones left unturned, and some that should've been left out of the movie all together.

However I gave it a passing grade, because the movie does teach a valuable lesson, and that's to not take anything for granted. Whether it be love, work, and family. All things that he touched on, but didn't effectively tell the complete story.

The movie is definitely worth seeing though, because it's certainly entertaining. Shiiiid.

NICE

I felt like the diverse plots were appealing. I am glad the story line was not limited. Also, I felt like resolution was achieved on all fronts. But, it is not uncommon for more than one person to view a movie and have a different perception. This movie will be another addition to my video library.

Diversity is probably the best word to desribe this film, and you're correct this movie will definitely be viewed differently by many.

There were several things that he explored, but no clarity was achieved from my eyesight. For instance, Jack's parents. Did they work it out? Did she leave Geronimo? After being released, did Jack find another job? Or was he back to donating sperm? Why did Ellen Barker's character resign? Was she feeling guilty? Did she get indicted as well? Why didn't she testify for Jack, and cutting herself a deal after resigning? What was Jack arrested for? Male prostitution? Certainly for not talking with the mob?

Interesting to say the least, but definitely entertaining.

NICE

D-NICE said:
Diversity is probably the best word to desribe this film, and you're correct this movie will definitely be viewed differently by many.

There were several things that he explored, but no clarity was achieved from my eyesight. For instance, Jack's parents. Did they work it out? Did she leave Geronimo? After being released, did Jack find another job? Or was he back to donating sperm? Why did Ellen Barker's character resign? Was she feeling guilty? Did she get indicted as well? Why didn't she testify for Jack, and cutting herself a deal after resigning? What was Jack arrested for? Male prostitution? Certainly for not talking with the mob?

Interesting to say the least, but definitely entertaining.

NICE

I hate to give away the story but here goes: I believe he stayed with his wife. They had been arguing for years and as Geronomo stated "they still love one another."

Ellen resigned because she was fed up with the railroading (particularly the way he disenfranchised Jack) by her boss. They did not state whether Jack found another job but I don't think it was material (ficticious movie).

Ellen did not have to testify, the CD had all of the answers. The main culprit idictment was only germane in my opinion.

Male prostitution was only one charge. If you remember he testified in front of congress because he was framed for fraud. The FBI implied that he had mob ties, but could not substantiate.

Back