Southern vs. Alabama A&M - Gulf Coast Challenge 2018

FINALLY....a former Juke admits what folks have been saying for decades. Thanks this time for your honesty.
See, that wasn't so difficult. Just wish the Republicans could do the same.

I see now, you really didn't know the real Doc Greggs. All you saw was a very dark skin man surrounded by light skin women, which is definitely not an uncommon sight in Louisiana. As color conscious as you are, I dare not show you pictures of my family. The reason why I say the man preferred light skin women was due to the fact that his wife Rose is a light skin woman. One thing about Louisiana Creoles, they come in various shades of color. For some reason, people not from Louisiana think all Creoles are light skin, which is not the case. In most cases, light skin people end up marrying someone dark and vice-versa. Now it has become very common to see White people marrying a real dark Black person. Basically, it goes along the lines that opposites attracts, which is pretty much describes my family.

Last edited:
I see now, you really didn't know the real Doc Greggs. All you saw was a very dark skin man surrounded by light skin women, which is definitely not an uncommon sight in Louisiana. As color conscious as you are, I dare not show you pictures of my family. The reason why I say the man preferred light skin women was due to the fact that his wife Rose is a light skin woman. One thing about Louisiana Creoles, they come in various shades of color. For some reason, people not from Louisiana think all Creoles are light skin. In most cases, light skin people end up marrying someone dark and vice-versa which is not the case. Now it has become very common to see White people marrying a real dark Black person. Basically, it goes along the lines that opposites attracts, which is pretty much describes my family.

Preference does not equal disdain as the drunken monkey stated.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Preference does not equal disdain as the drunken monkey stated.

He dislike Doc Greggs because he now realizes the legacy Doc left behind in the HBCU band world. His dislike for Doc has more to do with Doc's legacy than his taste in women. As JR has already told them, there were only two other HBCU band directors that were on Doc's level. Doc just happened to outlast the both of them.

I’ve yet to read a post where JayRob expressed any dislike for Greggs. Greggs Dolls were mostly light-skinned, that’s an observation that everyone noticed. No other HBCU squad looked like Greggs Dolls.

Benjamin Butler, William Davis, George Edwards, William P. Foster, Samuel Griffin, Harold Haughton, Conrad Hutchinson, Lewis Liddell, Dowell Taylor, Leonard Tramiel, Donovan Wells and Julian White are also legendary Band Directors. You burn an identifying mark on livestock. Greggs had an identifying brand on his bands that no other band could duplicate.

Last edited:
Calling someone just above average than most when that person has been placed in the Nation's African American Museum is not a disdain or dislike of that individual??? Basically, trying to water down that person's accomplishments. And his methods (light skin women or not having women in the band) of doing such is beyond reasoning. It sounds more like he's a bitter person with a mental issue.

He dislike Doc Greggs because he now realizes the legacy Doc left behind in the HBCU band world. His dislike for Doc has more to do with Doc's legacy than his taste in women. As JR has already told them, there were only two other HBCU band directors that were on Doc's level. Doc just happened to outlast the both of them.
Where did JayRob state that he didn't like Doc? Please post the time and date as well, otherwise admit you lied.

I’ve yet to read a post where JayRob expressed any dislike for Greggs. Greggs Dolls were mostly high-skinned, that’s an observation that everyone noticed. No other HBCU squad looked like Greggs Dolls.

Benjamin Butler, William Davis, William P. Foster, Samuel Griffin, Harold Haughton, Conrad Hutchinson, Lewis Liddell, Dowell Taylor and Julian White are/were all legendary Band Directors. You burn an identifying mark on livestock. Greggs had an identifying brand on his bands that no other band could duplicate.
He sure did leave an identifying mark. I even reminded him of that once in person. He looked at me and gave a sly grin and kept directing the band.

Calling someone just above average than most when that person has been placed in the Nation's African American Museum is not a disdain or dislike of that individual??? Basically, trying to water down that person's accomplishments. And his methods (light skin women or not having women in the band) of doing such is beyond reasoning. It sounds more like he's a bitter person with a mental issue.
Another lie. You're on a roll dude.
In post #43, JayRob didn't say "just above average" in regards to Doc's legacy. He said "GREATER than average". That's a far greater compliment than what you posted JAG89.
And why would anyone be bitter towards a man who gave so much to bands and music overall? Think about that.

And why would anyone be bitter towards a man who gave so much to bands and music overall? Think about that.

You tell me since you are the only person in here concerned about the man's personal preference.

Back