Southern University No. #1 in avg. attendance again

tsutiger said:
Grambling, Tennessee State, and A&T also get props for ranking in the top 10 despite having losing seasons.
We did not have a losing season at 6-5. But, that is considered a losing season at Grambling.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JROCK said:
The date is 11/28/04 after the BC. The SUperdome is our 2nd designated home and should not be counted as a neutral site attendance. Maybe the NCAA is still investigating where the attendance should go. If you look at the bottom of the list the BC is not included there either.

I have to disagree. PVU played in Houston and didn't have those numbers count for them, even though they were the home team.

Secondly, I'm giving props to my Golden Lions. We managed a #33 position even though we didn't get a home game that would have been a sellout would have boosted our numbers even higher.

SWAC Teams - Avg Attendance
1. Southern - 23,048
4. Alcorn St. - 17,684
5. Grambling - 16,663
14. Jackson St. - 13,504
16. Alabama St. - 13,057 (One Game Left)
33. Ark.-Pine Bluff - 9,507
48. Alabama A&M - 7,997
64. Mississippi Val. - 6,139
72. Texas Southern - 5,426
89. Prairie View - 3,996
AVERAGE - 11,702

MEAC Teams - Avg Attendance
10. N.C. A&T - 14,235
11. Florida A&M - 14,223
24. South Carolina St. - 11,595
26. Hampton - 10,445
40. Morgan St. - 8,687
41. Norfolk St. - 8,621
52. Bethune-Cookman - 7,290
63. Howard - 6,191
100. Delaware St. - 2,768
AVERAGE - 9,339

Other HBCU Teams - Avg Attendance
9. Tennessee St. - 14,611
83. Savannah St. - 4,710

Tigerpride said:
Lewis, you can stay tired but just like a Jag, you find the truth hard. No one said our situation is perfect. We have complained for years.....and if it were only JSU people citing undercounts, you would have a point but it's not...others that come to the stadium see it too. Also, you can look at pics of our homecoming game and see if that looks like 14K to you. If we had a stadium the size of yours, our homecoming would have been standing room only. The bottomline is that we have no real say in how the counts go. I know it's sad but it is the situation that we are in.
TIgerpride, you missed my point. I am not disputing that they mess up the count at your school. They do. As someone pointed out that SU-JSU game that reported 46000 had every bit of 60,000 folks there. Hell, I HAD TO SIT IN THE ISLE, because there no seats at all. There were so many people sitting in the Isle, you couldn't get out of the stands.

But my point is I am tired hearing yall whine about it. Fix it or shut up. This thread is about the official attendance reported to the NCAA, if your school reports 14,000, then you ain't gonna get credit for 20,000. Now whatever your school gets for saying 14,000 instead of 20,000, hope it worth it (sounds like some pockets getting fat to me) but you can't have it both ways.

In a thread about official attendance, it is what it is. Take the undercount whining to the smack board. (or at least a thread title "We Can't Count" or "For us, 2 + 2 = 3")

Dude, the statement I made was a comment....not a complaint (whine). On the sports board, you can make comments. So deal with it or shut up.

Tigerpride said:
They started it all becasue I made a ON TOPIC comment...sheesh. So you need to chastise your fellow alums for getting ignorant.
That my point tigerpride, this topic is about official reported attendance, whinning/comlaining/commenting about undercounts IS OFF TOPIC.

Not trying to be funny here, but do you get a trophy for leading the nation in attendance?

I know you do for things like scoring offense, total defense, etc.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
PNeck019 said:
Not trying to be funny here, but do you get a trophy for leading the nation in attendance?

I know you do for things like scoring offense, total defense, etc.

Actually that 's a good question PNeck. I don't know if you do or not (I doubt it) but you should and maybe that would juice some of these other school to support their teams more.

Back