Southern to host Kappa Kappa Psi 100th Anniversary Weekend

KKPsi back at SU?

I know they just came back to Bama State a year or two ago

Last edited by a moderator:

Take it easy My Brother.

Your point is well taken but I've been in the Bond for 40 years -- no need to curse at me.

#AEA

I didn't curse you, that was for atl hornet...
He originally posted in his reply with a "Y" and I changed it to "Psi" and told him so...

They shouldn't have this event on SU campus. They don't even have active chapters nor will they b/c from what I understand KKPSi caused major division in the band. They wouldn't cross more than 15 guys despite the interest being much higher so it's like what's the point ... I think you should offer membership to all those that qualify just like the white KKPSi chapters and they were not doing that.

They shouldn't have this event on SU campus. They don't even have active chapters nor will they b/c from what I understand KKPSi caused major division in the band. They wouldn't cross more than 15 guys despite the interest being much higher so it's like what's the point ... I think you should offer membership to all those that qualify just like the white KKPSi chapters and they were not doing that.

Dude, how you going to tell us what we need to host on our campus??? Secondly who told you all them lies about not allowing only 15 people to pledge and causing division in the band. You do know Doc Greggs was still around during most of that last group of pledge lines. If he thought you were not worthy, you didn't get on line no matter what the bruhs said. Most band directors are like that. You don't just pick a number to limit folks and you don't let everyone in either. You think TxSU allows every Ocean member that wants to pledge to pledge even if they qualify as you say? Having the basic qualification dont mean you need to be KKPSI. And again, this is an ZN Alumni function. We still carry life membership cards and can do what we like on our campus. This is not an UNDERGRADUATE function. We will have old school 70s bruhs who actually are the ones who are orchestrating the function with the cooperation from Southern University.

Folks always trying to tell other folks how to run their business without knowing what the deal is. LOL.

Dude, how you going to tell us what we need to host on our campus??? Secondly who told you all them lies about not allowing only 15 people to pledge and causing division in the band. You do know Doc Greggs was still around during most of that last group of pledge lines. If he thought you were not worthy, you didn't get on line no matter what the bruhs said. Most band directors are like that. You don't just pick a number to limit folks and you don't let everyone in either. You think TxSU allows every Ocean member that wants to pledge to pledge even if they qualify as you say? Having the basic qualification dont mean you need to be KKPSI. And again, this is an ZN Alumni function. We still carry life membership cards and can do what we like on our campus. This is not an UNDERGRADUATE function. We will have old school 70s bruhs who actually are the ones who are orchestrating the function with the cooperation from Southern University.

Folks always trying to tell other folks how to run their business without knowing what the deal is. LOL.

1) This is a public forum for people to express their opinion which is what I do. You don't agree, that's fine, not gonna change my opinion on the matter
2) Doc was not a founder or on the national e-board of KKPsi so it make no sense for him to have the power to say who's eligible or not. It should be a group vote or purely based on a fair set of pubic qualifications.
3) I know TSU's KKPsi engage in suspicious practices as well, still I don't agree with it. Sue me.
4) And from my understanding and research, the governing boards of KKPsi and TBS never wanted chapters on HBCU campuses but were eventually forced into allowing it to happen. I won't even get into how I feel about black folks praising the org/founders and the strange relationship between the HBCU/PWI campus chapters #StayWoke

Last edited:
1) This is a public forum for people to express their opinion which is what I do. You don't agree, that's fine, not gonna change my opinion on the matter
2) Doc was not a founder or on the national e-board of KKPsi so it make no sense for him to have the power to say who's eligible or not. It should be a group vote or purely based on a fair set of pubic qualifications.
3) I know TSU's KKPsi engage in suspicious practices as well, still I don't agree with it. Sue me.
4) And from my understanding and research, the governing boards of KKPsi and TBS never wanted chapters on HBCU campuses but were eventually forced into allowing it to happen. I won't even get into how I feel about black folks praising the org/founders and the strange relationship between the HBCU/PWI campus chapters #StayWoke

You are absolutely nuts! The Band Director decides who is in his or her band. So they can ultimately decide who should be the leaders in the band. You can’t even have Psi without the consent of the band director at any school white or black. First signature National has to see in the Band Director. You need to do more research before you go on message boards having absolutely know clue on how the organization is run. Anyway worry about what’s going on at TxSU since you got heartburn with my Frat over there. We don’t need your negative comments on what was a positive announcement from a dignified brother of Kappa Kappa Psi.

Why would the Southern KKPsi alumni that are putting on this event not host it on our campus for homecoming? You do realize alumni from all groups come back to partake in homecoming festivities?

Why would the Southern KKPsi alumni that are putting on this event not host it on our campus for homecoming? You do realize alumni from all groups come back to partake in homecoming festivities?

Exactly. How many other organizations have alumni functions and line anniversaries at Homecoming when their chapter may be suspended, probation etc. It happens on all campuses. LOL. Besides we are raising money for the band and have been doing stuff for the band all year with the Band Director's approval and the on campus SU Alumni Director approval who happens to be a member of Kappa Kappa Psi. Dude way off base to be trying to tell someone to stay woke. Hell he needs to go to sleep. LOL.

This is great, Kappa Kappa Psi is one of the greatest fraternities in the world. And that is not being biased. A much older brother told me years ago, that a much older brother told him that "there is nothing like KKPSI". No shot at any BGLOF's, but just stating what was stated. And I am apart of a BGLOF, I think this is very good. Kappa Kappa Psi lives very deep within the souls/hearts of the men who have crossed over into it. The hymn itself gives me chills every time I sing it, or hear it. I highly commend the brothers of the Zeta Nu for doing this. I hope in due time, the chapter returns to Southern soon. As well as other lost HBCU chapters. It is "Always" a pleasure to meet and be in the presence of "Any" brother of Kappa Kappa Psi, no matter if he went to a PWC-U/HBCU. It is defiantly a privilege and a honor.

Last edited:

Back