Southern Heritage Classic 2020 Canceled

So jsu is working with TNSU to host the game in jackson and also working with FAMU to play them n jackson .

Explain please!
Im curious myself to what they are meaning. How will we lose money. Because our average attendance per game can be between 25k-30k, so even if 12k-15k or even 18k attended then thats still good in FCS and SWAC. 15k in a 60k stadium allows for adequate social distancing. Our AD knows exactly what he's doing. It would be different if we had the average size swac stadium of 20k. USM holds 36,000 i think and they are allowing 30 percent capacity which would be right at 10k a game. 30 percent of 60k is 18k. 18k times $30 is $540,000....... 18,000 fans is what 90 percent of the swac schools consider a big game day outside of JSU and SU. So there is definitely room to make money here and lets not forget it would be against TnSU and FAMU.

Last edited:
JSU having the biggest stadium could do the social distancing protocol and still probably get 20-25K into their stadium. Even at $35-$40 a ticket, they are probably gonna make money than going through a promoter

Same for SU and the BC and ASU if they end up hosting AAMU at home

I think the conference game classics are for sure gonna turn into home and home the next two years

Explain please!
Yes, you will probably make a profit, but not maximize the potential revenue of 30k-40k that would be there for those games if not for covid restrictions. That 540,000 would not be profit after instilling all added safety measures that you would have to have in place and the liability that entails. Southern is smart, foregoing those games this year to still be the home team when all this mess is over, maximizing their return. However, go on and take the bait.

Yes, you will probably make a profit, but not maximize the potential revenue of 30k-40k that would be there for those games if not for covid restrictions. That 540,000 would not be profit after instilling all added safety measures that you would have to have in place and the liability that entails. Southern is smart, foregoing those games this year to still be the home team when all this mess is over, maximizing their return. However, go on and take the bait.

STFU.

If you say so... I might have a better read on this thing considering conversations I'm having with my administration. But thanks...

First thing that has to be decided, will campuses be open for ALL students this fall.

recipe for disaster...it's idiotic to think college students will properly social distance and follow other safety measures on campus during a deadly pandemic. Folks just dumb and still in denial lol

Reactions: J C
Alabama cases have been spiking for a week. We are on some states travel ban lists. You cats enjoy the beaches and the all important youth softball tournaments

Last edited:
As soon as the news got out that black folks were bearing the brunt of hospitalizations and deaths, white folks went back to business as usual. "It's a colored folks virus, lets get back to work!"

As soon as the news got out that black folks were bearing the brunt of hospitalizations and deaths, white folks went back to business as usual. "It's a colored folks virus, lets get back to work!"

Which is also part of the reason why there will be a season. While you got black polticians and "leaders" on social media and TV hepling in trying to make black people the face of COVID 19, these folks hit the beaches full blast and saw spikes soon after. There most likely will be spikes in the fall at the bigger stadiums while HBCUs most likely wont let you in the stadium without a mask

The reason for the lockdown protests was that white people ended up under the same lockdown rules as black people and they couldn't stand it.

Ingnorance, but have fun at an empty stadium!!! Hell, go ahead and schedule Clemson, you wont make money at home with covid restrictions, but I’m crazy!

guess we’ll get to see what’s it like to be an Annie Mae fan. EMPTY STADIUM!
You have a schedule filled with home games.... y’all canceling games? Or just going about regular business since you have flag-football attendance anyways.

Back