Southern gets two more basketball commitments

bluedog

"Leader of Kings"
By JOSEPH SCHIEFELBEIN
</MCC BYLINE1><MCC EmailAddy>jschiefelbein@theadvocate.com <MCC BYLINE2>Advocate sportswriter </MCC BYLINE2>

<MCC STORY>The Southern basketball program continues to build for the future, with the Jaguars landing two commitments Wednesday.

Jamahl Stokes, a 6-foot-10 forward, has committed, and Rashad Adams, a 6-6 forward, has re-committed after signing with Southern last season (but not being eligible).

Both said they will sign in the early signing period, which begins Nov. 10.

Southern, which will have two more scholarships to give for the 2005-06 season, already has two Division I transfers on campus who are ineligible to play (but can practice) this season: 6-6 DeForrest Riley-Smith, from Penn State (by way of Xavier of Ohio) and 6-8 Omar Alston, from Hofstra.

"The spark has started, and I want to be a part of the fire," Stokes said.

Stokes is rated on several Internet sites, with hoopmasters.com ranking him 78th in the nation and Rivals.com listing him as a three-star player and projecting him as a "mid- to high-major" prospect. Those sites listed South Alabama, South Florida, Southern Illinois, Virginia Tech and Western Kentucky among the top schools interested in Stokes. Stokes led Okaloosa-Walton Community College (in Niceville, Fla.) in blocked shots, averaging 2.1 per game, and shooting percentage, (61 percent, 110-for-181) in 2002-03.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/100704/spo_subask001.shtml

I see Adams got what he wanted....

It's interesting to note that Grant has yet to sign a high shool kid....what's up with that?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
the band fan said:
Adams, a former Houston prep standout who began at Sheridan College in Wyoming, is currently at Redlands Community College in El Reno, Okla, where, like Stokes, he won't play this season as he finishes his coursework.

What H.S. did Adams attend ?

the band fan said:
I see Adams got what he wanted....

It's interesting to note that Grant has yet to sign a high shool kid....what's up with that?
The high school kid that i know about,chose another school.

Justin Kredible said:
back to those Joe Faulkner and Robert Youngblood, Jumby Jones and Tim Roberts days....congrats SU :)

Terry Thames and Darius Mims as well...And Leonard White with Jervaughn Scales...

Man they embarassed the devil outta Ga Tech!!

he bounced around Elsik and Westside....graduated in 02...bounced around JC's...I knew folks who recruited him out of JC and a lot of folks backed off him due to grades. One of those players if you keep him happy he'll produce.

Back