Southern fall football schedule

Compete with what? It’s going be 50 percent capacity at best by that time of year. You act like it’s going to be normal in the fall. I don’t even know if bands will even be traveling by then.

The bands are traveling to the SFC next month, according to the promoter. The Cotton Bowl is a 90K facility, so 50% will be 45K.

That last stretch will be brutal. SU loses alot of talent from last year. Prairie View, Alcorn, FAMU, Jackson St., then Grambling. I will be shocked that Southern don't lose 2 or 3 games in that stretch. I am glad I don't see any P5 schools on our schedules.
Exactly who SU lost?

At Troy. Sept 4
Miles. Sept 11
Mcneese st. Sept 18
At MVSU sept 25
Tx southern (Dallas) oct 2
At UAPB. Oct 16
PVAM (homecoming) oct 23
At Alcon. Oct 30
FAMU. Nov 6
Jackson st. Nov 13
Grambling st (New Orleans) nov 27

Good lawd that's a brutal schedule. :-O

If SU makes it out of that schedule w/ a large W ledger, they deserve the SWAC championship, imho.

I got a feeling whoever wins their respective divisions will do so with 2 losses in conference play.

I believe it as well. The SWAC is highly competitive, imho.

SU, GSU, throw in UAPB, Alcorn St, AAMU, rising JSU, AlaSU, BCU, and FAMU.

Pick your poison. Dayam.

I believe it as well. The SWAC is highly competitive, imho.

SU, GSU, throw in UAPB, Alcorn St, AAMU, rising JSU, AlaSU, BCU, and FAMU.

Pick your poison. Dayam.

There really won't be an "easy win" each week in conference play.

Fall 2021 is gonna be a season where coaches earn their paychecks just keeping their teams motivated through the season. It's gonna be a battle royal.

And I'm here for it.

That last stretch will be brutal. SU loses alot of talent from last year. Prairie View, Alcorn, FAMU, Jackson St., then Grambling. I will be shocked that Southern don't lose 2 or 3 games in that stretch. I am glad I don't see any P5 schools on our schedules.

Southern didn't lose as much as you hope. Look for the same level of talent as last year if not a tad better. Also, look for the pass defense to be better as we get back our two DBs that were lost last season.

Last edited:

Southern didn't lose as much as you hope. Look for the same level of talent as last year if not a tad better. Also, look for the past defense to be better as we get back our two DBs that were lost last season.

Yes, gettig Robert Rehm and Glenn Brown back is huge for SU, and gives them nearly an embarrassment of riches in the pass defense.

Southern didn't lose as much as you hope. Look for the same level of talent as last year if not a tad better. Also, look for the past defense to be better as we get back our two DBs that were lost last season.

getting Rhem and Brown back is HUGE for the secondary. Putting them with Smith will allow Southern to do a lot in the secondary

He needs to change positions. I feel like he’s holding them back.

Southern has 3 QBs playing behind him. The answer to this is one of them needs to step up and distinguish themselves. Otherwise, Odums is going to put his best man on the field. I would say that Skelton has the tools to win a championship for S.U. However, he would need to make improvements in his short passing game and protecting the ball better in key situations. If he can correct those two things, no one in the SWAC will beat S.U.

Southern has 3 QBs playing behind him. The answer to this is one of them needs to step up and distinguish themselves. Otherwise, Odums is going to put his best man on the field. I would say that Skelton has the tools to win a championship for S.U. However, he would need to make improvements in his short passing game and protecting the ball better in key situations. If he can correct those two things, no one in the SWAC will beat S.U.
He’s a ATH at QB. He can’t throw very well. I’m sure SU has QB’s that can throw better.

Back