South Oak Cliff/Oregon Ducks recruit arrested for murder

skyvolt2000

http://oakcliff.bubblelife.com/v/355100/58O18/South_Oak_Cliff_running_back_arrested_in_murder_investigation.html

X'Eryus Dansby is currently a running back at South Oak Cliff, who transferred in January from O.D. Wyatt High School in Fort Worth.

Dansby was questioned by DPD most of the day Thursday. Sources tell News 8 after talking to him, they got a warrant for his arrest in a drive-by murder.

Recruiting video on ESPN.com said the Oregon Ducks were apparently interested in signing Dansby.

Sources tell News 8 Dansby was driving the car while two other suspects opened fire on a crowd. Three people were shot and one of them, LaDarius Williams, was killed.

According to police records, the shooting occurred "because a guy pistol whipped one of the suspects earlier that night while he was playing basketball."

Dansby's Facebook page is filled with pictures of him showing gang signs, and the day after the shooting he posted a comment about dealing with death.

The Facebook comment in question-

X'Eryus Too Focused Dansby
Bro y erbody putting my hood n shyt dealing with somebody death yall needa cool square dallas. This shyt cray

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=x'eryus%20dansby&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CFsQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fespn.go.com%2Fvideo%2Fclip%3Fid%3D7940740&ei=fssIUIi7D-Ld6wHzwO2iCg&usg=AFQjCNHTU7Ygx6qjo4WmY4J1kJr8xHg3JQ

Last edited:

Whoa whoa whoa.... Let me stop this train now. I am an assistant football coach at SOC. The last 8 or so hours have been very hectic for our players and coaches. X'eryus' actions and lifestyle are not a reflection of our football program. I came to SOC with the new head coach in march. Dansby has not clearly will not ever take a snap at SOC. He is a kid we have tried to change but he has been in that grown life to long and now must learn a painful lesson about choices. We preach to our kids about choices and life on a daily basis, now we have an example. I pray for Dansby and his mother. All I ask is that thos thread not smear the name of South Oak Cliff High School, the community, and football program.

Well I guess they can get another 48 Hour episode out of him...right down senseless...but hey I guess he is feeling like the damn man now(sitting in a jail cell crying for his momma)...will you poeple please stop listening to those white folks and get your kids the old fashion way...just so damn sad...but I know I know it is the white man's fault...it was a set up to keep the black man down...they wanted to put him in jail than rather let him go up to Oregon with those good white folks...that my rant now I am gone!

Also: emptyrights you need to going to Dallas County and see if they will let you visit him for 5 minute to kick his ass!

Wow, this is what happens when kids are rewarded for being athletic and not taught to quit being knuckleheads when they are younger. He ruined his life :smh:

Wow, this is what happens when kids are rewarded for being athletic and not taught to quit being knuckleheads when they are younger. He ruined his life :smh:

I doubt tihs has anything to do with him being "rewarded for being athletic". Most kids who are in that category don't do drive-bys.

I looked the kid's last name over and ironically, the current supt of fwisd is a Mr Dansby who also was a former principal @ od wyatt. :read: I HOPE there are no relations, not that it has an effect on Mr Dansby, the supt-former principal/coach. He comes from a VERY, VERY strong family background. :tup:

These youngers? I'm not so sure I understand where their head is these days. empty was right about choices and life. I just hate to see some who could have a path to out and better not only themselves but also return to their home areas to help others who are coming along just screw it up all because of one bad decision.

I used to educational intake in prison. Basically I would has about their education etc...because Arkansas has a law that you must go to school if you don't have a HSD or GED.

I have seen so many young men (all races) come in to prison because of that "tough guy" mentality. Then get there and either have additional charges added (which means additional prison time) trying to be tough or become abused.

So sad.....the kid had a chance

NUPE is on the move - Using Tapatalk

His father was never in his life and his mother has been ill for a few years. He has been the man of the house for a while. Never had positive male role models. What hurts is me and this kid were laughing and talking juat wednsday.. Never gave an inkling that something was wrong.. I dont feel horrible because I gave the kid all the good addvice I could...

His father was never in his life and his mother has been ill for a few years. He has been the man of the house for a while. Never had positive male role models. What hurts is me and this kid were laughing and talking juat wednsday.. Never gave an inkling that something was wrong.. I dont feel horrible because I gave the kid all the good addvice I could...

Well that is all you can do.

I doubt tihs has anything to do with him being "rewarded for being athletic". Most kids who are in that category don't do drive-bys.

I think what he meant was if there were any signs of this type of behavior-did anyone say anything about it or did we get the usual ignore it as long as he plays on the field mindset.

I think folks are just tired of seeing kids throw everything away because of the environments that won't stop supporting that negative behavior. They have folks like empty try to help them but more folks like Pookie in their ears outside of school.

This even makes the district look bad because for the last 3 years we have had some issue with a kid from another school district and with a new guy in charge-schools will have to be very careful in who they get.

Whoa whoa whoa.... Let me stop this train now. I am an assistant football coach at SOC. The last 8 or so hours have been very hectic for our players and coaches. X'eryus' actions and lifestyle are not a reflection of our football program. I came to SOC with the new head coach in march. Dansby has not clearly will not ever take a snap at SOC. He is a kid we have tried to change but he has been in that grown life to long and now must learn a painful lesson about choices. We preach to our kids about choices and life on a daily basis, now we have an example. I pray for Dansby and his mother. All I ask is that thos thread not smear the name of South Oak Cliff High School, the community, and football program.

good luck this season- and congrats on new job
who's the new head coach at SOC?? where is he coming from?
i know kendall miller (skyline '93) is at lakeview :pimp:
i saw my man MT got the job at conrad hs

I looked the kid's last name over and ironically, the current supt of fwisd is a Mr Dansby who also was a former principal @ od wyatt. :read: I HOPE there are no relations, not that it has an effect on Mr Dansby, the supt-former principal/coach. He comes from a VERY, VERY strong family background. :tup:

These youngers? I'm not so sure I understand where their head is these days. empty was right about choices and life. I just hate to see some who could have a path to out and better not only themselves but also return to their home areas to help others who are coming along just screw it up all because of one bad decision.
great points...

props to you empty for doing what you can, as someone who works with youth also I know what it's like to sit a kid down and talk to them and then wonder if they are comprehending what you are saying and taking it seriously.

Nothing new here. Happens all across the country. These young people will not take an arse whupping. That's the way they are being raised and with the proliferation of guns in the culture we will be seeing more and more incidents like what occurred.

empty, the world rarely sees men like you, those who don't bash our young Black men/boys but instead try to reach out to them and help direct them to a brighter future and better path in life. You'll be blessed for your efforts........and perhaps you could continue to reach out to this child. He made a terrible mistake and the life that was taken can't be given back. But there is still hope for him, he needs a positive male role model in his life now, even while incarcerated. Maybe you can be that positive role model he has never had in life.

Much, much props to you! And continue speaking to our young Black boys/men.....believe it or not, some are listening!:)

good luck this season- and congrats on new job
who's the new head coach at SOC?? where is he coming from?
i know kendall miller (skyline '93) is at lakeview :pimp:
i saw my man MT got the job at conrad hs

Emmett Jones. He was OC at Skyline from 2005 to now. I went to Lincoln with MT... Thats my boy. He happy as can be right now. Faqmily, new job... He feeling good.

96lioness I give it to them raw, uncut, uncensored, and straightfoward. There is another side of life. They get enough bashing and negative as is. I do my damnedest to tell them the error of their ways. Bu. t some learn the hard way

empty, the world rarely sees men like you, those who don't bash our young Black men/boys but instead try to reach out to them and help direct them to a brighter future and better path in life. You'll be blessed for your efforts........and perhaps you could continue to reach out to this child. He made a terrible mistake and the life that was taken can't be given back. But there is still hope for him, he needs a positive male role model in his life now, even while incarcerated. Maybe you can be that positive role model he has never had in life.

Much, much props to you! And continue speaking to our young Black boys/men.....believe it or not, some are listening!:)

There's a lot of us, but the negative folks are by far more vocal, probably because the ones reaching out are too busy... REACHING OUT.

There's a lot of us, but the negative folks are by far more vocal, probably because the ones reaching out are too busy... REACHING OUT.

Keep it up! I love seeing Black men mentor/motivate/inspire our young Black boys/men. I've always thought the best role models for our Black males is other Black men (and of course the Saviour). I see all the time how so many people are quick to cast off, write off our young Black people, especially the males. It's amazing how so many will see a crumpled, dirty, torn up dollar bill and quickly put it in their pocket, but won't take time out to talk to or try to mentor a torn, crumpled young black kid.

As for emptyright, I read where he said he "came to SOC with the head coach in march".......don't know if he had the opportunity to coach elsewhere or what his story is behind that or if he likes it there, but he could have taken an opportunity at what others would deem a more "desirable" school. But he's there, coaching and reaching out to our Black males. It's men like you and him that do make a difference, maybe not with this Dansby kid, but to someone else.

Regarding this kid, when I hear about stuff like this, it's doubly sad because the way I see it, 2 lives have been destroyed. One can never be given back, but the other one, while damaged, is still salvageable. I just hope this kid can get it together and if he does, I'm tired of it taking things like to this to get our Black brothers on the right path.

Ive had other opportunities. But im not needed in those places. But one day I will go to the burbs and live that good coaching life and leave the bs and grind behind

The thing is we have to stop rewarding/defending negative behavior and get to these boys EARLY. By the time they get to high school it's way too late.

The kids are listening however you got to get past all the other folks that they spend more time with. That's who you have to deal with-the others. The communities have to start changing and decide certain stuff won't be in my house. Certain ways of wearing clothing ends, certain tv channels get cut off, certain rappers/singers/actors that can't get right don't get my support & certain politicians don't get my vote.

Regarding this kid, when I hear about stuff like this, it's doubly sad because the way I see it, 2 lives have been destroyed. One can never be given back, but the other one, while damaged, is still salvageable.

Actually it's 3-4. The victim was already on that path to prison. The guy that was arrested earlier had a rap sheet too and was already in trouble for probation violations. The judge taht should have put him back injail is now in hot water as this is the second time a probation violator has killed someone instead of being locked up.

Ive had other opportunities. But im not needed in those places. But one day I will go to the burbs and live that good coaching life and leave the bs and grind behind

DISD need coaches like yourself. props to your new job and head coach. im a skyline hs alum.

Back