South Carolina State University President Fired

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I feel bad for the staff and students at SCSU and hope they can find someone that can provide stability to the University. AAMU is currently in search of our next President. AAMU fateful did not always agree with his decisions, but Dr. Hugine provided stability during his tenue. As far as I am concerned he kept the University open (accreditations), got the budget in check and started/completed capital improvements on campus. Among many other achievements that the average fan will never know about. I am not as nervous about the search for his successor as I have been in the past, but you never know.

I keep telling people, If SCSTATE thinks that they are going to reach 10,000 students they are delusional.
PQUE hit the nail right on the head. He has done so much from ( accreditation, clearing budget problems). I have said on this forum many times. It has nothing to do with other states. USC System campuses are very nice and is in every part of the State. Then you have to compete with schools like Coastal, College of Charleston and Clemson etc and the private colleges are top notch (Wofford, Furman Converse).
But the two biggest detriment is that most of the community colleges in the UPSTATE now offer 4 year degrees in Social Sciences, Art, and Education, the other thing is the University Center in Greenville. Almost every College or University has Bachelor's Master's and, Doctoral offering.https://greenville.org/
in the Spartanburg/Greenville corridor.

Last edited:
I applaud the effort, but I am pretty sure most HBCUS are clearing out debt of students from the CARES ACT. It not does explain why you get rid of a person that actually was doing a great job..

Last edited:
I feel bad for the staff and students at SCSU and hope they can find someone that can provide stability to the University. AAMU is currently in search of our next President. AAMU fateful did not always agree with his decisions, but Dr. Hugine provided stability during his tenue. As far as I am concerned he kept the University open (accreditations), got the budget in check and started/completed capital improvements on campus. Among many other achievements that the average fan will never know about. I am not as nervous about the search for his successor as I have been in the past, but you never know.
We were able to use Hugine as a vessel of progress and he became one of the best presidents A&M has ever had.

I'm sure racism and discrimination at play. A college can't thrive unless there's stability in the highest office

Back