South Carolina State adds Alabama A&M and Alabama State to future schedules

TvSportsGuy21

South Carolina State is set to face the Alabama HBCUs from the SWAC on the gridiron very soon. SC State will host Alabama A&M this Saturday in Orangeburg, SC. They will travel to Montgomery on April 3rd to face Alabama State.

Alabama A&M HC Connell Maynor confirmed with me that SC State will play in Huntsville in the fall of 2021 (possibly for the Louis Crews Classic). SC State will host Alabama State on September 16th, 2023

View: https://twitter.com/BamaStateFB/status/1367240327258644484?s=20

Nice. I wish we could have (would have) found a replacement for the Alcorn game.

I feel there will be more opportunities that will pop up before the season is up.

Our ADs should have been on the phone with the MEAC schools as soon as Alcorn dropped to not only get them on our schedules but set up some type of arrangement with the FCS similar to the ASUN/WAWC as far as letting them use games against us to help them secure an auto-bid. Must be nice to have ADs on top of things like this for ASU and AAMU

IF we play JSU next week, there will be a 3 week break before we play UAPB. I would hope we play someone (preferrably on the 21st) so that we can a built in bye week before playing all of April

Nice. I wish we could have (would have) found a replacement for the Alcorn game.

Lol... Blame JRock and Worm. When Alcorn first cancelled I said AAMU and SU should find a common open date and make up for that game. Worm was too busy complaining about Alcorn dropping out of the season and JRock wanted to avoid us so badly he refused to make the recommendation.

Lol... Blame JRock and Worm. When Alcorn first cancelled I said AAMU and SU should find a common open date and make up for that game. Worm was too busy complaining about Alcorn dropping out of the season and JRock wanted to avoid us so badly he refused to make the recommendation.

Translation: AAMU won't make it to the championship game so S.U. we will not give us our annual molly whopping from them this year. I guess SCST will do. We can bend over for them like we do for S.U. LOL

Back