Sony (HandyCam) CamCorder

kbSU89

I have a Sony HandyCam Camcorder and I want to capture my recordings on a computer so I can send the recordings via e-mail.

I had a previous camcorder that came with a usb port on the end and all I had to do was find a port on my computer

This camcorder did not come with one so I don't know if I will be able to capture it. Can I purchase an adapter to make it work? or do I need to see if my camcorder is capable of doing such. It has a a/v out and RFU DC out port. I use the a/v out to connect to the TV.

It also has a S video out (never used it). I lost the manual so I really need help

Thanks

Yeah that's a good question K. I have a JVC digital (Xmas present) I looked through the manual and it talks about editing on the computer but I don't have a cable. I also have the a/v cable and the S video input. There is also a i video thing (which I assumed stood for internet) that resembles a usb port. i guess that is where i would attach it. I just have not gone to any electronic store to see if I could find a a corresponding cable. At this point I am contemplating buying a DVR and just straight recording to DVD.

Any suggestions anyone????

To pull video straight from the camcorder to the PC, you will need either a video card with a TV input or a converter box. Thats where that S-Video cable is going to come in place. Now you can record SOME video to the memory card and buy a USB memory card adapter to connect to your USB port on your PC, but other then that... i'm not familar with any other way to do it simply because the device you are using (Camcorder) will be used as a input when a typical video card is output (to the monitor) only. The others have a TV-input which also has capture ability.

Here are some items that will give you an idea of what is needed...
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=1423

Holla back pimps!

Back