Sonic Boom

Killer Bees

I have to give props where props are due. I am not in the band, but I have seen FAMU, Bama State, Alcorn State, Southern, JSU, Miles, and Tuskegee thus far and. In my opinion, I think the Sonic Boom has the tightest halftime show I seen all year. I love the drills and you guys have a very nice sound in the stands. It made the trip worthwhile as well as the fact that we won the football game.:D

You guys sounded great in the stands and looked great on the field. I was calling back home (Bham) giving reports on the game and my dad was like damn I like that Me and Mrs Jones. I did too but man when ya'll broke out that "Zoom" by the Commodores - woooooo. Then I was heading out after the game - almost out of the stadium and I hear "Secret Garden". I had to come back in - brought back a lot of memories (Top Flight memories for my fella gump-nites :D ). Great show all around.

good job Sonic BOOM! we really enjoyed singing that "Lovely Day" song or whatever the title is!

keep up the good work!

Yeah, great job BOOM.

whatever that "fly away" song... (don't know the right title)... it was tight!!!! :tup: :tup:

I hope they do as well against Southern this weekend as yall said they have done. Do you think they can truly handle the Junk I ment Jukebox?

Originally posted by Prof K
I hope they do as well against Southern this weekend as yall said they have done. Do you think they can truly handle the Junk I ment Jukebox?

The Boom will hold strong.
Both bands are :tup: :tup:

I think the Boom is really just starting to really "click". As big as they are they seem to be pretty young. If I remember right of the 30 or so trombones more 20 are freshmen. I think the band as a whole is young. They are really just starting to open up, especially with their sound. The sound I heard Saturday was:eek2: :eek2:, and that was with no competition across the field. The trumpet, tuba, & trombone sections are very strong and consistent, and that baritone section is crazy. I have never heard JSU baritone section like that. I will wait to see Southern before I call them the best in the SWAC, but if they are not the best they are nipping at the heels of whoever is. Even the mellophone section is decent and improving. JSU has never really been known for a mellophone section, but they actually do have their moments. This is also the first year in the past few years that WT is looking and sounding like WT again. Herman & "Bootsy" have done wonders fixing those boys back up. To sum it's going to be hard of folks the rest of the year. Should be a great matchup with SU.

Nice clips bruh and i knew we sound good but now i have proof online don't worry we'll be ready for the Jukebox but the question is will they be ready for what's comin bcause i know they have no idea what they're in for...

For the life of me, I can't figure out how this complimentary thread turned into a SU vs JSU thing??? :rolleyes:

Back