Some SWAC coaches aren't living up to expectations

Dude you're Tigerpride, the same guy that's been repeating the same old tired nonsense about takeover or leaving the SWAC and building a dome for the last two decades.

It's abundantly clear you don't have an idea about much of shit.

If you can find one receipt on ANY of that, I would love to see. I was never for the dome. But stay on topic.. YOURS.

If you can find one receipt on ANY of that, I would love to see. I was never for the dome. But stay on topic.. YOURS.

If you wanted to stay on topic you wouldn't have said the dumb shit you did. But YOU disagree...as usual.

At the end of the day you're one of the most misinformed poster that's ever grace this board and there's decades of RECEIPTS to show that.

Now either stay on topic or stfu.

Last edited:

Unless there is a better option, why not? The ACC is considering conference games that dont count in the leauge standings as well and I TOTALLY support that. I am 100% against playing money games. I know we need it but if I can play TCU or Grambling, I prefer Grambling.

The 7 game format is good IF schools knew how to schedule. AAMU scheduled THREE FBS teams and have been outscored 200-0 already. What's the point? But until FBS-FCS games are banned or limited, we in for this foolishness which is why I FULLY SUPPORT THE 9 GAME MANDATE. I hope we go back to it. The NCAA also needs to limit the number of FBS games and FCS school can have to one. Why you using your kids as a fundraiser? If your program is that bad off, go D2.

but your choices weren't tcu or grambling. there are other options. 2 fbs games is probably too much let alone 3, though I understand why they ended up with 3. the idea is to pay competitive fcs games. yes, sometimes budget games are necessary, but some of our coaches and ad's are taking the approach either a fbs or a DII team. That way their either supposed to lose so when they do it's no big deal or a team you know you'll beat. They don't want measuring stick games comes they don't want to come up short. The mcneese state game is the first legit fcs game we've played since we got drug by jmu. we've been running ever since. this is part of building a program. play teams on your level and either you're good enough or you're not.

Listening to AD’s and SID’s in the past and looking at the current geography of conferences, it probably was difficult to schedule the games (that most have so far commented on) this year. For instance, the FBS games on SU’s schedule were inked years in advance (and I’m sure everyone else was the same). Looking at the FCS conferences nearby, most of those teams are doing the same as our schools….going for the payday.

With the new mandate in place, our schools should be able to begin scheduling home-n-home games with Southland, OVC and MEAC schools….along with a D2 HBCU home game here and there.

Scheduling should improve within the next year or 2, but will it is the question we need to see.

If you wanted to stay on topic you wouldn't have said the dumb shit you did. But YOU disagree...as usual.

At the end of the day you're one of the most misinformed poster that's ever grace this board and there's decades of RECEIPTS to show that.

I definitely agree with this!! Lol

Unless there is a better option, why not? The ACC is considering conference games that dont count in the leauge standings as well and I TOTALLY support that. I am 100% against playing money games. I know we need it but if I can play TCU or Grambling, I prefer Grambling.

The 7 game format is good IF schools knew how to schedule. AAMU scheduled THREE FBS teams and have been outscored 200-0 already. What's the point? But until FBS-FCS games are banned or limited, we in for this foolishness which is why I FULLY SUPPORT THE 9 GAME MANDATE. I hope we go back to it. The NCAA also needs to limit the number of FBS games and FCS school can have to one. Why you using your kids as a fundraiser? If your program is that bad off, go D2.

How can you be against money games if you know they are needed? Playing Grambling as a money game does not maximize the amount of revenue that should be received from a true money game.

AAMU made the best use of the system. We could have scheduled FCS schools, but those games would not have financially assisted the program. When money is needed to improve the program, the smart thing is to look to teams that can pay for a game.

This is a free enterprise that parties make their own decisions about what is best for their programs. There is no reason for the NCAA to get involved in these decisions unless safety becomes an issue.

The money from these types of games allowed more players to spend the summer training. The difference in size and conditioning helped by the summer workouts was obvious.

Listening to AD’s and SID’s in the past and looking at the current geography of conferences, it probably was difficult to schedule the games (that most have so far commented on) this year. For instance, the FBS games on SU’s schedule were inked years in advance (and I’m sure everyone else was the same). Looking at the FCS conferences nearby, most of those teams are doing the same as our schools….going for the payday.

With the new mandate in place, our schools should be able to begin scheduling home-n-home games with Southland, OVC and MEAC schools….along with a D2 HBCU home game here and there.

Scheduling should improve within the next year or 2, but will it is the question we need to see.

It sounds good in principle BUT the schools in those other conferences are holding out on contract talks with us because they are trying to get a pay day game. It's just a sad reality and this cant be fixed until the NCAA puts a ban on FBS vs FCS games or limit the years they can count like it used to be in the 90s. I dont see it getting any better and I hope we go back to 9 conference games.

How can you be against money games if you know they are needed? .

Again, if we NEED money games, we need to be D2. Its ok to play them from time to time but this is ridiculous. And I see this from both sides. As a GaTech alum, I have no interest in playing Alcorn, Jackson State, AAMU or Presbyterian. There are many FBS teams we could be playing.

Guess you couldnt find a receipt, huh.. oh well.

All I know is that when BAMA State fires Jenkins, Jenkins vs the Board is going to be classic and I am going to subscribe to the Montgomery Advertiser because I KNOW Josh Moon will catch every messy minute!

Again, if we NEED money games, we need to be D2. Its ok to play them from time to time but this is ridiculous. And I see this from both sides. As a GaTech alum, I have no interest in playing Alcorn, Jackson State, AAMU or Presbyterian. There are many FBS teams we could be playing.

Most teams need money games, whatever level the participation. FBS teams play money games with larger FBS teams. Did not JSU play one? And needs to play more if it wants to improve.

Last edited:

Maaaaannnnnn every school outside the Power 5 play money games out of necessity. Even Power 5 schools play money games. Hell your Ga Tech Yellow Jackets opened their season with a money game.

Anywho, I believe the more we play these FCS games the better it should make our coaching staffs. When we see better competition on our same level it should raise our level of competing. We have to have the coaching staffs capable of making the in game adjustments along with developing these young kids into better players. Our development of players from freshman to senior year has fallen off big time in this league. We have a lot of kids that are studs their sophmore year but they level off instead of excelling even more.

You do realize the reason that troy plays bama state is because they set a season high if not all time high for attendance when they do. same for usm play alcorn or jsu. same reason ULL plays southern and ULM plays grambling. so should they drop down to DII? GT is in the ACC. they don't need a money game, but the swac vs. G5 games are money games for us and them. Tech brought alcorn up as a tune up. We should have a tune up on our schedule too. Problem is, we're so weak we get beat by our tune up. MEAC has been flipping that.

As for Gram or TCU. If that's all you can find, well... I'm available for AD if the money is right.

Again, our coaches and ADs have avoided playing other fcs programs largely IMHO because they don't want any measuring stick games. they should lose to FBS teams and should beat DII, NAIA squads. So that leaves nothing to accurately measure how the program is doing outside of facing mediocre, it looks like real football if you squint your eyes and tilt your head a little swac competition.

Last edited:

Back