Solutions to our problems

BISON-2K1

have read much about the problems that plague the black community but I think now is the time for solutions.I have a few that I would like to post.

10.Parents need to be active in their children's educational growth.Take your child to a museum in the summer and other historical places.Make them read books,newspaper,etc....
9.Take advantage of one of the best resources available the internet.You can find all kinds of tutorials on math,english science,history,etc...
8.Instead of BET watch PBS,CNN,MSNBC,and C-SPAN.
7.Have a zero tolerance for negativity or anything that degrades who we are including music,lifestyles,attitudes,etc...
6.Vote for people who are trying to make a difference instead those who expect them to vote for them out of race loyalty.
5.Invest in things that appreciate(stocks,cd's,mutual funds,etc...) as opposed to things that depreciate ie rims,music cd's,videos,etc...Own land and start a business.
4.Support black businesses whenever possible.Also support all businesses that treat us with dignity and respect.
3.Learn and appreciate who we really are as a people.We have to go back to those principles that brought us through slavery and Jim Crow.Bethune Cookman was started with $1.05 and a lot of faith today we have billions and no clue.
2.Less baby fathers and more husbands.We have to break this cycle if we are to have strong black families.$500 a month is not being a father.Don't just see your child every otherweek see them as much as possible and women need to see men as fathers not paychecks.
1.Renewal in the church.We must go back to those spiritual values which were so important to our parents and grandparents.We need to get away from preachers whose sermons are based on increasing your tithe,name it and claim it and go back to the small churches that do preach the gospel of Jesus Christ.Also support any church making a difference in the community.Men we need to go back and take the children with you.I f we accomplish item #1 all others will fall into place.

AMEN

Very true, brotha, very true! I almost hesitated when I saw church at the end of your list, but then I realized you were counting down to #1 :eek: Well, AMEN again! It's true, we must focus on God first to achieve the other things.

Of all the others, I was really stuck at the top on #10. I was reading an article today that talked about the high level of illiteracy still prevalent among our children (63% of African-American 4th graders read below grade level, compared to 27% of white 4th graders). One of the MOST IMPORTANT reasons for that is because many of our parents don't emphasize learning. Children learn what they live. If they see us reading and we read to them, they'll start wanting to read more. Simple as that. We have to show lil Johnny that his reading, writing, and arithmetic is as important as (or more than) his jump shot.

Good points, man; when are you gonna write a book? ;)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
You are saying a lot of things that people know but don't want to admit to. I applaud you for not only recognizing it, but have the balls to put it out there for the rest of us to learn from.

P.S. Oh, yeah..when is that book dropping? lol

One

How about this, stop Crying Racism at every corner. Quit relying on the "white man" to throw you a " bone." Make your own "bones", in other words make your own way. For example, if you don't like to programming on Tv create your own network and air the shows you want.

Originally posted by jelli
How about this, stop Crying Racism at every corner. Quit relying on the "white man" to throw you a " bone." Make your own "bones", in other words make your own way. For example, if you don't like to programming on Tv create your own network and air the shows you want.
I agree 100%, I am even tired of hearing that.

OMG :eek2:

Imma 'bout to shout...this was great BISON-2K1. :tup:

I agree, when your book comes out, I'll definitely purchase it.

Back