Software Problem

kbSU89

I just upgraded my computer to Office 2003. I had to download some driver files for my HP600 printer because the new Windows(2003) did not work with the old printer driver files.
I downloaded successfully and the printer/fax/scan/copy works fine, but everytime I turn my computer on, a wizard pops up stating that it detected new hardware, and then it prompts me to install all components of my printer(fax/scan/copy). I went to control panel to see if the old printer was there, but I only see the new printer. If I use the wizard that pops up it prompts me for an installation disk(I have the old one). I don't want to use the old one, because it will ovewrite the new printer files and then the new windows won't recognize it again.

2nd problem-My internal modem is acting weird. I have to reboot my computer about 2 times before the modem is recognized. I went to the control panel and it stated it was "not functional", after I rebooted the 2nd time, it told me it was connected to port 3

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Off the top of my head, I'd say uninstall and reinstall the printer driver. Use the updated one you got off the web. Also make sure you downloaded the right driver for your printer.

First and foremost the problem is that you are using a Microsuck product :jump:

Just kidding....

I haven't played with 2003 yet. Does it have generic drivers for everything the way XP does? If so maybe try using the generic drivers for your printer. I doubt there would be much fucntionality lost.

Don't know what to say about the modem deal. It sounds as if 2003 is as picky about drivers as 2000 was.

kevdawg said:
Off the top of my head, I'd say uninstall and reinstall the printer driver. Use the updated one you got off the web. Also make sure you downloaded the right driver for your printer.
I would say KevD is correct. I would uninstall all printer drivers. Reboot the systems. When the system says You have a new hardware device. Point to the new drivers downloaded from "HP". And you should be good to go.

OR.

Uninstall all Printer Drivers. Reboot the system. When the system says You have a new hardware device. Cancel. Then do an install of the HP Drivers you downloaded from "HP".

Back