SOD and golden girls

Raoul

All right then. I just watched Alcorn marching off the side of a hill onto one of the on-campus streets. The sound seem to be good because now I'm measuring sound and not just blasting as some people put it. But one thing I don't understand why do the dancers as ladies have to squat down and thrust their hips in a sexual manner constantly with HBCU bands? The Elegance of being a lady is completely lost in those moves. Also The Golden girls are a few biscuits away from trying to compete with the honey bees.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
All right then. I just watched Alcorn marching off the side of a hill onto one of the on-campus streets. The sound seem to be good because now I'm measuring sound and not just blasting as some people put it. But one thing I don't understand why do the dancers as ladies have to squat down and thrust their hips in a sexual manner constantly with HBCU bands? The Elegance of being a lady is completely lost in those moves. Also The Golden girls are a few biscuits away from trying to compete with the honey bees.
Are you white?

I like the thrust and squat ever since I first attended Alcorn and saw them practice. But yes, since back when I am in school, they done started eating too well. Samuel would not have had that!!!!!

I thought that I was the only one in this forum that thought like that. I wholeheartily agree with you. The young ladies are all made up and dressed up in their sexy, glitzy costumes and looking gorgeously, but then perform those sexual squats, thrusts, and gyrations that take away from the elegance of their roles as lady dancers. The way they sometimes dance and move seem to contradict the beauty of their appearance. I can appreciate the appearances and performnces of the SU Dancing Dolls, the JSU Jaycettes, the PV Black Foxes, the ASU Stingettes, and the AAMU ladies for their appearances and showmanship. IMHO, their moves on the field and in the stands represent the elegance I would expect from young, black, college-educated women engaged in extra-curricula activity as a dancer in their university marching band. Call it Black culture, call it whatever, but these young college-educated ladies need to be reminded that it is not about sex, but about representing their universiries in the most favorable light possible.

Last edited:
Earle
Thank you very much you and I are not the only ones that have some class. Everybody is not ratchet and love the ratchet ways.

I thought that I was the only one in this forum that thought like that. I wholeheartily agree with you. The young ladies are all made up and dressed up in their sexy, glitzy costumes and looking gorgeously, but then perform those sexual squats, thrusts, and gyrations that take away from the elegance of their roles as lady dancers. The way they sometimes dance and move seem to contradict the beauty of their appearance. I can appreciate the appearances and performnces of the SU Dancing Dolls, the JSU Jaycettes, the PV Black Foxes, the ASU Stingettes, and the AAMU ladies for their appearances and showmanship. IMHO, their moves on the field and in the stands represent the elegance I would expect from young, black, college-educated women engaged in extra-curricula activity as a dancer in their university marching band. Call it Black culture, call it whatever, but these young college-educted ladies need to be reminded that it is not about sex, but about representing their universiries in the most favorable light possible.

I agree too but that is what Alcorn is known for. A few years ago, they had morphed into a bad version of the JSettes. Now they are JSettes who pop pop pop to the ground.

The problem is most of these old dudes dicks want get up and they lose testosterone after 35. When you still got that rock and enjoy art forms of different ladies it doesn't bother you. Most of the men that are over 35 who can't get that stud up lose sex drives. It's just like fat overweight women. Get old and boring and their husbands cheat and leave them. Just saying. Young men listen to me don't marry that so called good girl or holy roller. You better get you a dam freak who likes to slap that meat. You'll grow old and happy. It's a lie about what these old cats be telling you. Take their advice and you'll end up divorced or with children in the street from your side piece.This ain't 1950. Old folks funking.

I thought that I was the only one in this forum that thought like that. I wholeheartily agree with you. The young ladies are all made up and dressed up in their sexy, glitzy costumes and looking gorgeously, but then perform those sexual squats, thrusts, and gyrations that take away from the elegance of their roles as lady dancers. The way they sometimes dance and move seem to contradict the beauty of their appearance. I can appreciate the appearances and performnces of the SU Dancing Dolls, the JSU Jaycettes, the PV Black Foxes, the ASU Stingettes, and the AAMU ladies for their appearances and showmanship. IMHO, their moves on the field and in the stands represent the elegance I would expect from young, black, college-educated women engaged in extra-curricula activity as a dancer in their university marching band. Call it Black culture, call it whatever, but these young college-educated ladies need to be reminded that it is not about sex, but about representing their universiries in the most favorable light possible.
It is obvious some of you guys have never seen African women dance. It is composed of hunching, squatting and gyrating. They make what the Golden Girls do seem Rated G. The Golden Girls have been dancing this way since they were founded in 1968, so if you don't prefer there style of dance don't watch. You don't like the Golden Girls because you feel that they dance too provocative. I don't like the Dancing Dolls style or some of the others because I feel they are boring. It's a matter of preference.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I agree too but that is what Alcorn is known for. A few years ago, they had morphed into a bad version of the JSettes. Now they are JSettes who pop pop pop to the ground.
This is lie, because the JSettes are not even the JSettes anymore. Go back and watch the tapes from the 80's.

I'll say this...

A few years ago, I saw a couple of dance lines dance with chairs like it was a strip club, now THAT was too damn far.

They have two different styles wayyyyy different. Everyone doesn't wanna copy jsu as y'all think I don't even like asu but I know their styles are like a apple to a hot dog way different style of dance.

They have two different styles wayyyyy different. Everyone doesn't wanna copy jsu as y'all think I don't even like asu but I know their styles are like a apple to a hot dog way different style of dance.

When people see Jsette’s they see Jsette. When people watch the other girls they say they stole that from the Jsettes. And it’s true. Nobody see’s that other squad when they watch the Jsettes.

I don’t blame the girls for copying though. The girls are only doing what they know when they get to that school. Those girls come from Jsette backgrounds. They come from high school & community dance squads that copy Jsettes. It’s an ENTIRE culture out there that is the JSETTE STYLE! Don’t get mad at us for saying the truth. People have been calling them fake Jsettes for a long time. I blame the band staff because they allow them to copy the Jsettes. It’s not just those girls though. The green dance girls in the Mississippi delta have adopted the Jsette style. Same reason. It’s not a bad thing. They're not the only squad. It’s hundreds - thousands of dance teams across America that copy the Jsettes.

Would y’all feel better if we just said the golden girls copy DD4L? Well we all know that DD4L’s foundation is what????? JSETTE! LMAO

As far as the hunching & popping they do... it’s all about what you like to see. Past administration banned it for a while. Then new administration allowed it back. The hunching is all them. I say let them hunch & squat. That’s their legacy. Take that away and you have a jsette community squad.

It is obvious some of you guys have never seen African women dance. It is composed of hunching, squatting and gyrating. They make what the Golden Girls do seem Rated G. The Golden Girls have been dancing this way since they were founded in 1968, so if you don't prefer there style of dance don't watch. You don't like the Golden Girls because you feel that they dance too provocative. I don't like the Dancing Dolls style or some of the others because I feel they are boring. It's a matter of preference.
Agreed. I try to stay away from these toxic hotep topics but all the time...again and again. Can't let black women just effin live or enjoy themselves or just look good. Smfh

I agree. I said they changed back.

Back