So Texas Southern

@tsugraytiger

Let me help your inaccurate goofy tail out. Also, noticed that the article in the link below stated that SUBR's enrollment has grown by 10.6% since the fall of 2016. Maybe the next time you decide to post a bunch of garbage, you'll check your facts first, because what you typed above makes you look like Trump type dumbness, which is embarrassing for a TxSU graduate.

"The school reports for the 2019-20 school year, it will host 7,031 students, which is a 5.1% increase in enrollment from the fall 2018 semester. The university says since fall 2016, SU has grown its enrollment by 10.6%."

Also, these numbers don't include SU Law Center and SU Ag, which is also located on the SUBR's campus.

Last edited:

I apologize for going off topic, but I had to correct that nut from TxSU, with his creative writing azz.

Do y’all have to spin everything in your favor? Let other folks shine and have their light. You can’t win em all bro. Y’all the ONLY school I know that loves to one up everybody. Hell this thread ain’t even about y’all and here you go. Sheesh. Regardless, it’s still NCAT lmao

How as it a spin......you made a false statement and we corrected you.....Most of us SU folk have been very humble over the years about that....we don't usually mention it......but now that people are trying to discredit us....I guess we should FLEX a lil bit....y'all already think we cocky sooooooo lol let us be cocky

How as it a spin......you made a false statement and we corrected you.....Most of us SU folk have been very humble over the years about that....we don't usually mention it......but now that people are trying to discredit us....I guess we should FLEX a lil bit....y'all already think we cocky sooooooo lol let us be cocky

Blah blah, yea sure. Now back to the topic at hand lol

Absolutely not. No jukebox grads should be considered. We need to stay AWAY from any perceived or possibly perceived jukebox influence. Go BACK to Ocean of Soul things. Gibson in my opinion DID finally bring back some stylistic things from the old Ocean. More of it should come back. That cannot happen with a jukebox staff member or head director. You can say that isn't true JR but no juke alum can ever convince me otherwise. The narrative is too easy for jukebox members and fans and alums to false advertise on the Ocean. No juke alum. Period.

If I have to start a media campaign and fund-raising to prevent that, I will. I can find plenty who would agree with me, too.

Hire our own. Stick with what we have. Same as everyone else. Sucks that Gibson is gone. He is gifted and will land on his feet.

Absolutely not. No jukebox grads should be considered. We need to stay AWAY from any perceived or possibly perceived jukebox influence. Go BACK to Ocean of Soul things. Gibson in my opinion DID finally bring back some stylistic things from the old Ocean. More of it should come back. That cannot happen with a jukebox staff member or head director. You can say that isn't true JR but no juke alum can ever convince me otherwise. The narrative is too easy for jukebox members and fans and alums to false advertise on the Ocean. No juke alum. Period.
Ralph wouldn’t do that. He didn’t do Bama State like that. Hell Ralph would go to the real Ocean style since we faced it during our time. Look at Tim at PV as well. They don’t look like SU where he marched or Norfolk State where he had two Jukes mentor him.

Ralph wouldn’t do that. He didn’t do Bama State like that. Hell Ralph would go to the real Ocean style since we faced it during our time. Look at Tim at PV as well. They don’t look like SU where he marched or Norfolk State where he had two Jukes mentor him.

he tried some Norfolk stuff early on when he got there and had to shut it down when he realized it didn’t go over well in the SWAC.

No. Jukebox. Alum. Or former marcher. Period. Ever. Not as an assistant, not as a head, not even on staff in any capacity. We didn't "come" from the jukebox like the narrative is always pushed and we should stay AWAY from that narrative. No juke alumni could be loyal to our program.

No. Jukebox. Alum. Or former marcher. Period. Ever. Not as an assistant, not as a head, not even on staff in any capacity. We didn't "come" from the jukebox like the narrative is always pushed and we should stay AWAY from that narrative. No juke alumni could be loyal to our program.

The question for you TxSU alums. Where are your Band Director Ocean grads from that Butler era? Your old head Ocean alums didn’t really care for Prof Lee when he took over after Ben Butler and he was a TxSU alum himself. I always ask my TxSU Tau Beta Sigma Sorors and my TxSU frats and it sounds like there are not many to choose from. Probably why y’all ended up with Gibson. Prof Thornton seemed like he was the only one folks wanted while he was alive that could have restored the Ocean. But he wasn’t trying to deal with TxSU at the time and stayed at Willowridge. He would have been perfect to replace Butler and I bet he would have developed a replacement for him eventually. Unless you guys want a Lee disciple.

Back