So are these the coaches who applied for the FAMU job?

Has Fred McNair hired a good employment attorney to sue Texas Southern?
It is nothing that he can sue for though, as his contract could only become valid if approved and it was never approved by the BOT. To be honest there was a question about his hiring process and If I McNair it would be better to move on and not open that can of worms that would put his hookup, the AD, in some hot water. I think the whole situation is a lesson to learn from HBCU coaches that BOT approves are not automatic.

I'm an Attorney. I graduated from Thurgood Marshall School of Law. McNair doesn't have much leg to stand on since there was no contract. At best he may have had an agreement to agree.

I'm an Attorney. I graduated from Thurgood Marshall School of Law. McNair doesn't have much leg to stand on since there was no contract. At best he may have had an agreement to agree.
They know that by now. Some of these folks want to stay stuck on foolishness. It has already been written in some of these threads that MOUs and MOAs are generally nonbinding. It has also been said through these threads he would actually be suing the state of Texas and not TSU. Just let them keep wondering. I just hope they are smart enough not to leave a job until the other is signed, sealed and delivered.

That sucks! The AD had him thinking that the job was his.

They know that by now. Some of these folks want to stay stuck on foolishness. It has already been written in some of these threads that MOUs and MOAs are generally nonbinding. It has also been said through these threads he would actually be suing the state of Texas and not TSU. Just let them keep wondering. I just hope they are smart enough not to leave a job until the other is signed, sealed and delivered.
I can agree with your comments. That's with any job. Make sure you sign all paperwork saying you have the job before leaving the company.

Back