Slepted On Music Artist

Killer Bees

I recently pulled out an old CD I forgot I had and it got me to thinking about artist who are good, but haven't done anything in a while. Who do you feel needs to come out with a new album?

My pick

Rashad Patterson - "Love in Stereo" was off the chain, but didn't get any radio play.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Killer Bees said:
I recently pulled out an old CD I forgot I had and it got me to thinking about artist who are good, but haven't done anything in a while. Who do you feel needs to come out with a new album?

My pick

Rashad Patterson - "Love in Stereo" was off the chain, but didn't get any radio play.
Man I am still rocking both of his CD's. Seems like the brotha just can't get that breakthough!!!!

I have several:

Shaniece Wilson
Kelly Price
Crystal Waters
Bobby Brown <teehe> I'm laughing but sorry, I'm a fan
Jamie Foxx
Johnny Gill (solo, not with NE)

^^^^^ Nora Jones is slept on mostly in the AA community. She is a 7x grammy winner, by no means is she slept on.

I agree with your list though, as being great music, and musicians. Sweetback, I love those guys.

Sade
Oleta Adams
Brown Stone (least I haven't heard from them in a while).
Star Point
Bruce Hornsby
Huey Lewis and The News
Lauryn Hill ,......I miss you sooooo much girl!!!!

Corey Glover (Living Colour) even though the band got back together, his solo project was smoking. He gets slept on by the AA community because his sound is different, but his CD was something to reckon with.

Mos Def, this is probably the most talented black man in the business today, but because he's not blingin', killin', or degrading women, his music doesn't get a run on black radio. He's a helluva actor as well.

Wyclef Jean, as visable as he is, a lot of us don't embrace his sound, but he continues to put out one solid project after the next. I think if his political views, and his love for his native Haiti weren't so strong, he'd be viewed differently.

NICE

Wyclef Jean, as visable as he is, a lot of us don't embrace his sound, but he continues to put out one solid project after the next. I think if his political views, and his love for his native Haiti weren't so strong, he'd be viewed differently.

I think a lot of us in the South don't embrace his sound, but everyone else seems to be cool with him.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
DONNIE

The Colored Sections is one of the GREATEST albums I have, but he didnt blow like he should have.

Waiting on some more stuff from him. He's out of Atlanta by way of Memphis.

Incognito
Maysa
Cassandra Wilson
Rhonda Richmond
Kevin Mahogany
Liz Wright
Goapele
Rhian Benson
Van Hunt

Back