Slavery Video Game and Google had it in their store

skyvolt2000

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opin...1&cvid=e661a17987f7451fa2a073c7f923f8d5&ei=16

The ink had barely dried on my last story about a conversation I overheard between two teenage white boys who wanted to own Black slaves when a close friend of mine sent me an article titled: Google removes Slavery Simulator game amid outrage in Brazil.

The game allowed players to buy and sell Black characters. They could also inflict different forms of torture on these Black characters. For all those who gaslit me when I said white people are fantasizing about owning Black slaves again, need I say more?
Shockingly, the game had garnered a four out of five star review rating. For those not well versed in the review system, this simply means the people who played the game thought it was good, excellent even.

One of the reviewers even praised the game, decrying the fact that there were not enough torture options for the slaves in it.

For those who always question why anti-black things receive slow reaction from corporations, this fuss came from Brasil, not the USA.

A game entitled “Slavery Simulator,” where players can “buy and sell” enslaved Black characters, has been taken down from Google’s app store after widespread criticism from Brazilian social media users.

The app, developed by Magnus Games, was launched on Google’s Play Store on April 20 and was downloaded more than 1000 times before it was removed on Wednesday, according to a statement from Google to CNN Brasil.

On Wednesday, Brazil’s Public Prosecutor’s Office opened an investigation into why the game was made available on the Play Store in the first place, it said in a statement.

Prosecutors requested “specific information about the game” from Google, adding a “great number of racist comments” were also identified in the Google platform.

Within the game, users could “exchange, buy and sell slaves,” images show. “Choose one of two objectives at the start of the slave owner simulator: the Path of the Tyrant or the Path of the Liberator. Become a wealthy slave owner or achieve the abolition of slaver,y” the game’s description said.

In one of the modes offered to players, the game said, “Use slaves for your own enrichment. Prevent the abolition of slavery and accumulate wealth.”

The Founders of the company responsible for the game"

FOUNDERS​

Gan Dong Chee​

5d679308cc9b4b549b2e01da_Gan-Dong-Chee.jpg

Co-Founder Magnus Game Studio
A leap of faith. That’s how I’d describe the early years of Magnus Games Studio. I’m so glad that I took that leap together with my brother. Today, I oversee the production of our upcoming title Re:Legend, help with the game’s publicity, as well as come up with strategies that will grow the company.

Gan Wai Su​

5d679308cc9b4b79342e01dd_Welson-Gan-Wai-Su.jpg

Co-Founder Magnus Game Studio
Ever since I was a kid, I’ve always loved video games. So to form a game studio with my brother is a dream come true. My goal now is to hone my skills as much as possible and broaden my knowledge in the games industry in order to create game masterpieces.

Back