SIN is SIN .....

Alexxus

My people, sin is sin. There is no big sin or lil sin. Why are people so quick to cast a stone? I can't possibly talk about your 2x4 in your eye, when I have a splinter in mine. How do you guys feel about this word called sin??

God said that we have all sinned and fallen short from his glory. So, if God know that we are sinners, how can we be so quick to judge others when they sin?

Originally posted by Alexxus

My people, sin is sin. There is no big sin or lil sin. Why are people so quick to cast a stone? I can't possibly talk about your 2x4 in your eye, when I have a splinter in mine. How do you guys feel about this word called sin??

God said that we have all sinned and fallen short from his glory. So, if God know that we are sinners, how can we be so quick to judge others when they sin?

Sometimes stones are cast because the caster has not received or does not realize how much and the magnitude of what he/she has been forgiven.

The wages of sin are the same; DEATH. So why measure our sin(s) against another persons sin(s). Simply put it on the scale the word of God and see if the scale will be balanced, leaning to your favor, or come up wanting.

The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life. My friends, if you have not received your gift, go to God today and repent, then receive.

i don't know why people won't accept that no one sin is greater than the next....be it lying on down to greed. just put it all in the Lords hands and ask for forgiveness and at least strive to live as the way of our Heavenly Father.

Originally posted by eminentJSUtiger
i don't know why people won't accept that no one sin is greater than the next....be it lying on down to greed. just put it all in the Lords hands and ask for forgiveness and at least strive to live as the way of our Heavenly Father.

My sentiments exactly.

Alexus

"My people, sin is sin. There is no big sin or lil sin. Why are people so quick to cast a stone? I can't possibly talk about your 2x4 in your eye, when I have a splinter in mine. How do you guys feel about this word called sin?? "

Sin is a transgression of God's law, illregardless of who is the sinner. A lot of people, point their finger at others because they are sometimes, in self denial. Why do people point at others? There some little read scriptures, that answer the question.

"lest Satan should take advantage of us, for we are not ignorant of his devices" 2 Cor. 2:11

What is Satan Divices? Satan's, number one divice is -Blinding the minds of people - 2 Cor. 4:3-4

There is one scripture - I alway remember. "If a person say they do not sin, the truth is not in them. The truth, refers to Jesus. So a person who say they do not sin - they
do not have Jesus in them.

Many people are blinded th the truth by doctrine's of
atheism, evolution, humanism. Many people are blinded by being self righteous. Self-righteouness, is what Jesus, was talking about when the Jews, wanted to stone the prostitute. Also, when told the parabel of the mote and splinter.

[Edited by H on 03-01-01 at 01:44 PM]

I agree also sin IS sin..

I agree also w/H,

When we are in communication with the Holy Spirit/God/Jesus we are capable of being enlightened of our Sins.. and yes everyday we do fall short by sinning..whether it be gossip, lying, greed, sex etc... Sin really is Sin...
That is why daily we should ask God for forgiveness ( I do at least).

In the past: I would look down on people like I was holier than thou...and believe me...I don't any more...I still have the bruses to prove that we should never look down on God's children.. Never...
Getting that MOTE out of MY eye hurt like having a bone removed without medication to numb the pain.. (not that I know how that feels, but I can just imagine)

sorry went off on a tangent

1 John 5:16-17 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

The reason why people consider one sin to be greater than the next is due to the ignorance of the word.1 Corinthians 14-38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant. Once we begin to study the Word as we should, there will be less finger pointing. I'm sick and tired of people going into shock because the person that got caught (caught being the operative word) is a preacher, or someone in a high position. We are human and titles does not exempt us from that!!! :redhot:

All,

I would concur with much of what has been said, but there is one thing that appears missing in this discussion. The full context of Christ's teaching on removing the "speck" from someone else's eye is not that we shouldn't judge, but rather that we make a "right" judgement.

If we are "judgemental" in our attitudes and in our spirits, we've already violated the Christian ethic. The Christian ethic has something to say about how we respond to other people's sins. We are not to whitewash other people's sins. We are called to demonstrate discernment, to be able to recognize the difference between good and evil.

Notice when we read the aforementioned text, we are told to "1st" remove the "log" from our own eye's (How tragic that we often overlook the greater magnitude of our own sins!). But our Lord didn't tell us to stop there. We are then told that we will now be able to remove the speck in our brother/sister's eye.

We all have feet of clay no doubt and should strive to lives that are holy before God, and seek to keep short accounts with Him --- daily confessing our sins. As such, we should not have a "judgemental attitude" --- ready to pounce on people at the very first notice of a mistake. Rather, as Paul admonished us, we who are "spiritual" can then be in that right position to "restore such a one". They key is that we always should approach such matters with humility, gentleness, and respect. Certainly Nathan's confrontation with David gives us a wonderful example of forebearance and grace while at the same time not taking sin lightly.

Great topic!

Peace.

[Edited by MUMFORD on 03-11-01 at 06:49 PM]

Do you think you can make it through the day without sinning? Even though people try to live a perfect life, it appears that sin will creep in somewhere.

Originally posted by MightyDog
Do you think you can make it through the day without sinning? Even though people try to live a perfect life, it appears that sin will creep in somewhere.

No, we sin by comission or omission.

Back