SIAC and CIAA both suspend fall sports for 2020

Kenn Rashad

Person In Charge
Staff member

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
So with the ACC canceling non-conference games, you got Georgia, Florida and South Carolina perplexed about missing out on in-state games in lieu of conference games hours away.

Swac and Meac will follow the SIAC and CIAA shortly. I don’t post much but I just got a call about this. Should be coming up shortly.
I wonder how this will impact schools that signed contract for these money games? Will the host schools allow the schools out of the contract without penalty?

I wonder how this will impact schools that signed contract for these money games? Will the host schools allow the schools out of the contract without penalty?

It's pretty unlikely any schools that were going to be hosting SIAC or CIAA schools will be playing sports this fall either.

More than likely they will.....people are dying and the last thing any president wants to explain is why he allowed student athletes to participate in sports knowing the risk.

Smart move SIAC and CIAA...
And yet, Miles College does this dumb shit.

"The Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference announced the suspension of sports and championships during the Fall 2020 semester. Miles College reaffirms its desire to allow its student-athletes to participate in intercollegiate athletics if at all possible.

Miles College's commitment to the safety and well-being of all of its students, faculty and staff remains paramount. Miles College President Bobbie Knight, the Miles College Board of Trustees and the College's leadership has stayed in constant communication with some of the best health experts, as well as local and state elected officials, during the COVID-19 pandemic. Those consultations will help guide the decisions made in regards to how the College operates, including any further decisions regarding athletics."

If they aren't playing non-conference games they have no choice but to allow them out.

People dont want to wear masks - this is what happens when you listen to politicians over medical people for your health.

Expect more conferences to follow.

I hear that the P5/G5 schools that had FCS guarantees will provide those schools with some type of financial payouts. Could be half to a smaller percentage.

would be ideal if let’s say a Swac school who was gonna get 500k to play a P5 school get 250k to not play.

Back