Shreveport Battle

Re: OK

Originally posted by usa today
THE BATTLE OF THE BANDS IS FEBRUARY 8TH. THIS IS OFFICIAL. COME OUT TO SEE WHAT HIGH SCHOOL BAND RULES NORTH LOUISIANA.

WHO
WHAT
WHERE
WHEN
TIME
COST

my band Peabody Magnet High wuz der... we green an white... i wuznt der doe... i had a Track Meet

INFO

THE BANDS ARE GREEN OAKS, FAIR PARK, WOODLAWN, HUNTINGTON,BTW, CARROLL,WOSSMAN ETC.

THE COST IS 10.OO

THE PLACE IS SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY SHREVEPORT

THE TIME IT STARTS IT 5 PM. DON'T KNOW WHAT TIME THE BATTLE BEGINS BUT THE EVENT STARTS AT 5 P.M.

DATE IS FEBRUARY 8 TH. THAT IS THIS COMING SATURDAY.

Man at S'port Black History Parade Woodlawn had a lot of sound, but the didn't impress me. Now HHS sounded good, but wasn't that loud. Fair Park had a lot of energy, Green Oaks well lets just they wasn't on te level of the other bands.

I think Carroll and H.H.S. will be the two best bands there.

OH MAN

WOODLAWN WASN'T IN SYNC TRUST ME DAWG. A LOT OF STUFF HAPPENED LAST WEEK TO THEM SO YOU WILL SEE THE FULL PRODUCT SATURDAY. YOU WILL SEE SOUND AND BALANCE. AND HUNTINGTON DOESN'T SOUND THAT GOOD I WAS STANDING BY THEM THEY HAVE AN AVERAGE HIGH SCHOOL BAND SOUND NOTHING THAT WILL IMPRESS ANY OUT OF TOWN BAND. FAIR PARK IS GHETTO AS USUAL SO THAT'S ALL I GOT TO SAY. EVERY SINCE THEY WENT AND MADE A FOOL OUT OF THEMSELVES AT SOUTHERNS BATTLE OF THE BANDS SOME YEARS AGO I LOST ALL RESPECT FOR THEM.

Back in the day WOSSMAN ran the NORTH and St. AUG ran the south and we have the 1st place trophies from all 3 surrounding states to say so. 90-94 Thanks to Brett Smith. Now I hear about Woodlawn and Carroll who is supposed to be "baby SU" go figures about Carroll.

Those Hunington cats just have toooo much pride about there school thats all, its all good though, no one likes to be considered the loser ask McCall High School, lol.

HAS WOSSMAN EVER HAD A BAND OVER 100, I DON'T RECALL WOSSMAN EVER RUNNING ANYTHING BUT THERE MOUTHS. BACK TO WOOD LAWN I'LL JUST HAVE TO SEE AT THE BATTLE SAT. THEY BETTER BE TIGHT OR ALL HELL IS GOING TO BREAK LOOSE.

have you taken english 101 yet, I said use to, I never saw Woodlawn win a thing back in the day. Wossman fell off in 1995 after the band parents wanted to run the band, that ended all of that and plus all of the good players left the band anyway after that. I heard that they have improved and I do believe it since Maurice Johnson is the band director now.

TIME CHANGE

THE BATTLE OF THE BAND TIME HAS BEEN CHANGED TO 3PM INSTEAD OF 5 PM. JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW. IT'S GOING TO BE FIRE.

What The Hell

Whocares98 or whatever you must really wasn't listening or your just plain stupid. I mean come on Woodlawn has always brought sound and power it's just when your in a city with people who see one nice or cool thing a band does they get straight on the band wagon. Let's be real in 98-99 year I seen HHS get just raped by M.B. Smiley in Houston Tx at Txsu homecomming parde. I also seen HHS get blown away at Washington Marion battle of the bands need I say no!!! Now FP well they only was tight in shreveport because in the anyother enviorment as in other cities for the slow people FP sucked.Woodlawn has never gotten respect in Shreveport why I have not a clue? It's cool cause even after Saturday it will still be the same Woodlawn will blow everyone in there that battle and still get no respect. I come on who seen the FP and Woodlawn game this year who seen it? Woodlawn dominted this game from pre-game till the fifth quarter as FP marched out Woodlawn still was playing I remember one song was Running Away I believe they played about 8 songs. I know Woodlawn will hold it down and put on a showcase cause I still have to remember They are on Swac Level and play college level songs.We will see Saturday

YOU GOT A POINT KNIGHT BLADE

I BELIEVE WOODLAWN WILL GET MORE RESPECT THIS WEEKEND BECAUSE THEIR SOUND IS TO BIG AND PLEASANT. I HOPE ALL THE OTHERS SHOW UP AND DON'T RUN ESPECIALLY FP AND HUNTINGTON. WOODLAWN WAS FIXEN TO DEMOLISH FP LAST SATURDAY BUT FP GOT ON THE BUSES. WOODLAWN HAS HAD A POWERFUL SOUND SINCE THE MID 90'S AND THEY GET BETTER AND LOUDER EVERY YEAR BUT THEY WERE SO OVERLOOKED IN THE PAST BECAUSE THEY WERE SMALLER THAN EVERYONE ELSE BUT TIMES HAS CHANGED. THE OTHER BANDS WILL HAVE A RUDE AWAKENING SAT I'LL BET ANYTHING ON THAT. I CAN'T WAIT. YOU WILL SEE WHY WOODLAWN WAS NAMED THE BABY JUKEBOX.

Whoa

Oh I know Woodlawn will handle I am an alumni of Woodlawn c/o 2000 so its cool. I let the haters talk just tell them to let their horns do the talking

Sign
Daddy Of Cymbals in the Port,La
I'm the man who wants some I am still here I run it whoever wants bring it I am the man. Yes swac hours I do have 2 years worth so what up battle at the battle of band.

SHS

I WENT TO SOUTHWOOD BUT I ALWAYS FELT THAT WOODLAWN WAS THE BEST THEY WERE JUST OVERLOOKED. FAIR PARK IS TO GHETTO. HUNTINGTON IS BORING, BTW HAS NO BAND ANYMORE, GREEN OAKS IS JUST A HOOD BAND. WOODLAWN HAS ALWAYS HAD THAT SOUND AND CLASS.

BOTB'S

THAT WAS NO BATTLE OF THE BANDS THAT WAS A PEP RALLY. THEY JUST LET THE BANDS PLAY FOUR SONGS. WOODLAWN AND HUNTINGTON WAS THE BEST. WOODLAWN SHOWED MORE VERSATILITY THOUGH THEY SHOWED THEY ARE POWERFUL AND CAN FINESS YOU ALSO. THE JJ'S ENTRANCE WAS CLEAN AND STRONG. THEY HAVE A COLLEGIATE SOUND,THE LITTLE JOHN MIX WAS FIERCE AND CRUNK ESPECIALLY I DON'T GIVE A,REASONS JUST SEALED IT FOR WOODLAWN IT WAS TIGHT AND SOUNDED GOOD AS HELLLLL, HOW YOU GONNA ACT LIKE THAT/ WAS POWERFUL AND SMOOTH THEY SLIPPED NECK IN THEY GOT THE BEST NECK OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL BANDS THAT I HEARD THAT WAS TIGHT. HUNTINGTON DRUM SECTION WAS TIGHT THOUGH. FAIR PARK WAS SO AVERAGE BUT THEY WERE GOOD.

What The Hell

Well before I go off let me be positive for a minute. In think getting all the schools together and giving them the money that was nice.Now why in the hell call it a battle if it was a big pep ralley.Woodlawn why the best hands down sound ,balance,and tone. Fair Park and Green Oaks well in one word to describe them they both were ghetto a$$ hell i'm a former high school drummajor and I was really upset and taken by their drummajors for one FP DM's where humping the ground being very ghetto.GO well need I say more.HHS had a nice balance sound they just played the wrong music. Band wise GO and FP sucked to the 5th power they both played badly arranged music they both lacked intensity. Woodlawn it seemed they were on another level like they didn't belong with the other high school bands. They were swac level without a doubt.
To recap:
Band
1.Woodlawn(sound tone and quality)
2.Hunnington(sound and balance)
3.Fair Park(blasting,bad tone and no banlance)
4.Green Oaks(just sad but had heart)

Drums
1.Woodlawn(techinque and played the cadences correct)
2.Green Oaks(tried hard and gave it their all)
3.Tied HHS and Fair Park(bad recreations of drumline the movie

Overall Woodlawn

TRUE

WOODALWN WAS ON ANOTHER LEVEL COMPARED TO HHS,FP, AND GO. THERE SONGS WERE MORE ENJOYABLE AND TOGETHER. THEY WERE PREPARED. THEY HAVE A BIG FULL SOUND. I HAVEN'T HEARD A BAND IN SHREVEPORT THAT FULL AND CLEAN IN A LONG LONG TIME. THEIR ARE ON A HIGHER LEVEL I NOTICED THEY HAVE A FIRST CLASS BAND AND THEY ARE NOT INTO THAT GHETTO STUFF LIKE FP AND GREEN OAKS. HUTTINGTON SOUDED GOOD ALSO BUT NO ONE WAS FEELING ALL THAT OLD SCHOOL.

Back