Sheduer Sanders for Heisman?

The Professor

If Deion Sanders had his way, the next Heisman Trophy candidate would be someone familiar to him.

The Jackson State head coach on Monday suggested Shedeur Sanders, his own son, should garner consideration for his stellar season so far.

“Our quarterback should be mentioned in the Heisman race,” said Sanders Monday. “I want you (the media) to push those pens and push those computers and do what you can because when you put his numbers up against those guys in the Power 5, he’s doing as much or more than they are doing.

“Forget that he’s my son and his last name is Sanders. Any other man doing what he’s doing and accomplishing what he’s accomplishing this far early on deserves this recognition.”

Deion does a good job of using Shedeut as a “game manager” in the first 3 quarters as his run game and defense builds ax 2-3 score margin. Then the 4th quarter he opens up and pad his stats. Smart move!

Lets just be honest here for a second. Coach Prime and nobody else thinks Shedeur should be in the Heisman race.. .THIS YEAR. He will have a hard enough time trying to win the Payton award. You all wonder why he stays in the games too long? Get used to it. Those awards only look at stats. Hopefully he pulls of the Payton this year or next and gets into the Heisman convo by his senior year.

This is all MARKETING!

McNair built momentum for his heisman run over several seasons. at this level it simply is not a 1 year award you can be considered for. keep it up and next season with a huge year he can enter the chat.

Objectively, I think shaduer needs to push the ball down field with better accuracy consistently. I’d like to see more splash plays when the defense offers them from 20 and above yards get completed. That’s a glaring part of his game I know nfl scouts are looking at. I’m sure he’ll improve as the season goes along.

McNair built momentum for his heisman run over several seasons. at this level it simply is not a 1 year award you can be considered for. keep it up and next season with a huge year he can enter the chat.
Steve was an attraction.

Lamar Jackson was an attraction at Louisville.

A melanated QB has gotta be an attraction or lead a powerhouse to be considered

This is marketing.. nothing more. If you watched the presser you'd see that he knows what to say for clicks. He's creating buzz this year, hopeful for future consideration.
Gotta get his Payton campaign up. Has Deion said anything about no one from Payton’s alma mater ever won the award, and only Walter Dean and Steve won it?

Lets just be honest here for a second. Coach Prime and nobody else thinks Shedeur should be in the Heisman race.. .THIS YEAR. He will have a hard enough time trying to win the Payton award. You all wonder why he stays in the games too long? Get used to it. Those awards only look at stats. Hopefully he pulls of the Payton this year or next and gets into the Heisman convo by his senior year.

This is all MARKETING!
Exactly my point! He’s a good player and has potential to be considered an All Time Great.

I have no problem with how Deion is using him… but keeping in him late chunking for the end zone is risky! Well, it would be with me Cuz I’m bringing A & B gap pressure with instructions to drill him. Not late or low, but HARD & FIRM!

Exactly my point! He’s a good player and has potential to be considered an All Time Great.

I have no problem with how Deion is using him… but keeping in him late chunking for the end zone is risky! Well, it would be with me Cuz I’m bringing A & B gap pressure with instructions to drill him. Not late or low, but HARD & FIRM!
Its very risky. Actually keeping him in too long last week got him his first INT. That's not a physical injury but its a "stats" injury.
However, as it relates to awards, I sorta get what he is doing because at the end of the day, sometimes voters go with the "sexy" pick. If the dude ahead of Shedeur starts to lag and it becomes a close race in the end, you want Shedeur to have the numbers to back up his trophy. It makes sense ONLY in that regard. BUT we have a team full of talented players who deserve to be on the field. We keep ALL of our starters in too long BUT at the same time, we are running a NEW offense. That's the scary part. We are not even in mid-season form in this offense and by next year, if Bartolone stays, this offense is going to be more deadly. Hopefully, we can get our stats and lead up by mid 3rd so our starters can be on the bench in the 4th. Right now, I think Shedeur has to hit a certain statistical goal before he is pulled.

Last edited:
Its very risky. Actually keeping him in too last week got him his first INT. That's not a physical injury but its a "stats" injury.
However, as it relates to awards, I sorta get what he is doing because at the end of the day, sometimes voter go with the "sexy" pick. If the dude ahead of Shedeur starts to lag and it becomes a close race in the end, you want Shedeur to have the numbers to back up his trophy. It makes sense ONLY in that regard. BUT we have a team full of talented players who deserve to be on the field. We keep ALL of our starters in too long BUT at the same time, we are running a NEW offense. That's the scary part. We are not even in mid-season form in this offense and by next year, if Bartolone stays, this offense is going to be more deadly. Hopefully, we can get our stats and lead up by mid 3rd so our starters can be on the bench in the 4th. Right now, I think Shedeur has to hit a certain statistical goal before he is pulled.

There are only 2 starters on this team...(in my coach Prime voice). Lol

Kendrick hit Prime with that competition question too quick. Shiiitt! Helluva question.

Shadeur will have to make those insane throws that McNair made and have those signature runs eluding opposing players.

It’s makes for good discussion. 👍🏾

Kendrick hit Prime with that competition question too quick. Shiiitt! Helluva question.

Shadeur will have to make those insane throws that McNair made and have those signature runs eluding opposing players.

Deion, as more often than not, gave a solid answer.

There will only be one McNair - he changed the game to where black QBs like that were banned from the SWAC lol

Just kile Rickie Weeks opened the door for black infielders in the SEC overnight

Back