Shaft 2019

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
I was a serious fan of the original Shaft Movies. I loved everything that it stood for but I really don't know how I feel about this.

Like the first Samuel Jackson version of Shaft or the Superfly 2018 remake, they were not bad movies. Just didn't capture the essence and spirit of the originals...if they had renamed the movie and characters, I would have been cool with it....maybe my expectations are too high. Nevertheless, I will check this out when it hit theatres.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Why it got be comical? You can have moments or scenes that make you chuckle, but Shaft the comedy?
Exactly...it's like so many things that where once strong, masculine, and solid from one generation, they are watering it down. That definitely bothers me. That's why I say if they have to do that, just name the movie something else. Don't change the original concept, meaning, of the film.

After hearing from some folks that did see it and said it was a good movie to see, I went and saw it today. Now I can say that it is nothing like what they portray it in their trailer. It is actually a good movie with a good plot and I would recommend you see it.

So it gets a thumbs up from me...

After hearing from some folks that did see it and said it was a good movie to see, I went and saw it today. Now I can say that it is nothing like what they portray it in their trailer. It is actually a good movie with a good plot and I would recommend you see it.

So it gets a thumbs up from me...

I saw it a few weeks ago and enjoyed it as well....

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I went to see it tonight. I enjoyed it and as Fiyah said...killer soundtrack. There was some humor but it is not comical in my opinion. Left it open for sequels.

I know I said I was gonna pass on this, but after reading some of yall's posts, I had a change of heart and I went to see it today. It was ok. It was entertaining. I mean, it held my intention. For the most part, I liked the soundtrack (except for the rap music. Not a fan of rap). And you are correct, there is some humor, and man, did they leave it open for sequels. Which is good. I especially like how they included Richard Roundtree.

You have to keep in mind the temperature of society these days. Did you notice how they showed the attitudes between the Shaft generations? The difference between the Shafts of our generation and the young Shaft. I especially liked how they "explained" the middle Shaft calling the original Shaft his uncle because I was sitting there wondering how that was going to be resolved.

You have to keep in mind the temperature of society these days. Did you notice how they showed the attitudes between the Shaft generations? The difference between the Shafts of our generation and the young Shaft

That was one of the first things I noticed. For a minute there I thought the young Shaft was going to be gay. But, anyway, I better leave that alone. LOL!!! The differences between the three Shafts, is one of the things that made the movie most interesting to me.

Back