Seeds For Men's SWAC Tourney

"NOISE TALKA"

Mr. Hatedandloved
So let me get this straight.....

Who plays who....the tie-breakers are too confusing. ...

Isn't it.

#1 seed Mississippi Valley
v.
#8 seed Southern

#2 seed Alabama State
v.
#7 seed Alcorn State

#3 seed Texas Southern
v.
#6 seed Grambling

#4 seed Jackson State
v.
#5 seed Alabama A&M

?

Someone correct it if it's wrong.

SU has the tie breaker over Grambling and Alcorn, so they can't possibly be an 8th seed.

Dude you waaay off base. It's more like this.........

1)x-Miss. Valley State 16-2
2)Alabama State....... 11-7
3)Texas Southern...... 10-8
4)Alabama A&M......... 9-9
5)Southern............ 9-9
6)Grambling State..... 9-9
7)Alcorn State........ 9-9
8)Jackson State....... 9-9
Prairie View A&M.... 7-11
Ark.-Pine Bluff..... 1-16

Gsu beat A&M Twice but A&M beat us twice and we have the tie breaker over Gsu. We may move to 4th seed but the way I look at it is the two losses A&M had to Gsu are canceled out by the two wins over us and we having the tie-breaker over Gsu.

But that's pretty much how it should look.

you're forgeting about every other team. lol. JSU has the tie-breaker over A&M and Grambling .....so how is JSU #8?

and JSU and Alcorn are tied in our tie-breaker....so what happens in that instance...?

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
you're forgeting about every other team. lol. JSU has the tie-breaker over A&M and Grambling .....so how is JSU #8?

and JSU and Alcorn are tied in our tie-breaker....so what happens in that instance...?

Yep your right I actually thought A&M had the advantage but you guys got them by a point.

Maybe it'll look like this than. Hell I thought I had it figure out but I just didn't see us getting as high as 4th seed even though I predicted Gram to win.

1)x-Miss. Valley State 16-2
2)Alabama State....... 11-7
3)Texas Southern...... 10-8
4)Southern............ 9-9
5)Jackson State....... 9-9
6)Grambling State..... 9-9
7)Alabama A&M......... 9-9
8)Alcorn State........ 9-9
Prairie View A&M.... 7-11
Ark.-Pine Bluff..... 1-16

Based on standard tiebreaking procedures, using the standings on swac.org (which has SU at 8-10), this would be the seedings:

1. MVSU
2. TSU
3. ALST
4. GSU
5. JSU
6. ALC
7. AAMU
8. SU

TSU gets 2nd over ALST by virtue of splitting with MVSU.

GSU gets 4th over AAMU, JSU and ALC because of a 4-2 record in games between the four teams.

AAMU gets 7th because of a 2-4 record in the preceeding scenario.

JSU gets 5th over ALC by virtue of splitting with SU. All prior tiebreakers were even down to the records vs. the 8th place team.

So, if normal procedures are followed (bear in mind we are talking about the SWAC here), the following would be the matchups:

6-Alcorn St vs. 3-Alabama St
7-Alabama A&M vs. 2-Texas Southern
5-Jackson St vs. 4-Grambling
8-Southern vs. 1-Miss Valley

Am I missing something? Is there a forfeit or something causing swac.org to say SU is 8-10 and y'all to be posting them 9-9? TSU is also shown as 11-7 and tied with ALST. Did TSU not beat SU last night?

Originally posted by PNeck019

Am I missing something? Is there a forfeit or something causing swac.org to say SU is 8-10 and y'all to be posting them 9-9? TSU is also shown as 11-7 and tied with ALST. Did TSU not beat SU last night?

The Jaguars, with a wild last minute capping a wild 40 minutes, simply muscled out a 75-71 win over Texas Southern on Saturday night in the F.G. Clark Activity Center.

Re: So let me get this straight.....

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
Who plays who...

This is kind of :topic: but , after what I have seen in the SWAC this season, I don't think it is going to make that much of a difference. Just put the names in a hat and let each team draw.

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI

OK

http://www.swac.org/03-04/basketball/men/stats/confsked.htm#conf.std

So then it would be:

1. MVSU
2. ALST
3. TSU
4. GSU
5. AAMU
6. JSU
7. SU
8. ALC

GSU gets the 4th seed because of a 5-3 record in games vs. the four teams it's tied with.

ALC gets the 8th seed because of a 3-5 record in those games.

AAMU gets the 5th seed because of a 3-1 record in games vs. JSU and SU.

SU gets the 7th seed because of a 1-3 record in those games.

6-Jackson St vs. 3-Texas Southern
7-Southern vs. 2-Alabama St
5-Alabama A&M vs. 4-Grambling
8-Alcorn St vs. 1-Miss Valley

If I'm wrong, tell me what part of the tiebreakers I'm missing....

Naw I know for sure we aren't any lower than a 6th seed but I agree with TSU/BAMA.

Anyway they will annouce the seedings at the street legends game today.

Well cox cable reported during the SU 21 TSU 6 win, that Su will have the 7th seed after winning and will play ASU the 2nd seed.

Originally posted by bluedog
Well cox cable reported during the SU 21 TSU 6 win, that Su will have the 7th seed after winning and will play ASU the 2nd seed.

Ain't that what I said? LOL

Official Seeds For Men's SWAC Tourney

#1 MVSU
#2 Alabama St
#3 Texas Southern
#4 Grambling
#5 Alabama A & M
#6 Jackson St
#7 Southern
#8 Alcorn State

Thursdays Games :

Game 1 @ 10am
Gram vs AAMU

Game 2 @ 12:30
TxSU vs. JSU

Game 3 @ 5 pm
Alabama State vs Southern

Game 4 @ 7:30
MVSU vs Alcorn

See SWAC.org for full bracket

Here is your link in PDF form for the brackets.....

http://www.swac.org/03-04/basketball/2004_trny_bracket.pdf

SWAC Basketball Tiebreakers

In the event of a tie for championship seeding, the following tie-breaking procedures will be applied in each instance until the tie is broken, then applied again until all ties are resolved:

1) Two-team ties:
a. Head-to-Head competition

2) Ties involving three or more teams:
a. Scoring margin in games played among the teams locked in a tie;
b. Overall record;
c. Coin toss by the commissioner

majikisity's topic with the official seeds should have been left as a separate topic, because all those posts before his were speculations and wrong ones at that. LOL
By combining the topics and subjects into one, one has to weed through these wrong brackets before getting to the actual ones.

just a thought
:idea:

Originally posted by mighty hornet
majikisity's topic with the official seeds should have been left as a separate topic, because all those posts before his were speculations and wrong ones at that. LOL
By combining the topics and subjects into one, one has to weed through these wrong brackets before getting to the actual ones.

just a thought

I beg to differ. I believe I had it right (after I had the teams' correct records that is)....lol

Originally posted by mighty hornet

just a thought

Originally posted by majiksity
#1 MVSU
#2 Alabama St
#3 Texas Southern
#4 Grambling
#5 Alabama A & M
#6 Jackson St
#7 Southern
#8 Alcorn State

Thursdays Games :