SEC about to crack down on Mississippi

Hmmmm, how will this affect any of the Swac's member schools there with hosting any conference championships.

SWAC grads in Mississippi are the black intelligentsia of the state. Hopefully, it will rejuvenate a fire to use their political muscle to precipitate the change. With the current climate in this country, now is a prime time to end the reign of that repugnant flag. If the change is made sooner than later, it will be a moot point.

So if Alcorn wins the East and has the overall best record in the SWAC, they may have to forfeit home field per the current swac Championship structure due to this new policy ? Ouch... let’s see what Charles says in the coming days cause I see Mississippi folks fighting this before they give in to changing that flag.

I really don't understand the contempt for NC A&T. They did what is best for them and I wish them well. If their plan changes for any reason in the future that's fine too.

FINALLY!!!!

The Southeastern Conference (SEC) is calling for the state of Mississippi to change its flag saying it wants student-athletes to be able to compete in an inclusive environment.

“It is past time for change to be made to the flag of the State of Mississippi. Our students deserve an opportunity to learn and compete in environment that are inclusive and welcoming to all," Southeastern Conference Commissioner Greg Sankey said in a statement.

Anything to appease us and to keep those African-Americans coming that they do not want to play against.

I see the peckerwoods are going crazy they are talking about petitioning the Mississippi governor to withhold state funding from universities that do not fly that flag but little did that know even ole miss stopped flying that flag for years.

My uncle said at his job in the 70s, they still had separate water fountains and black were not allowed to eat certain places with his white co-workers. The 60s were great for change but for several reasons I feel this current movement has been stronger and more impactful. I won't elaborate b/c it'll be a long post but no I'll never forget.

I graduated from Jackson State in 1971; moved to Arlington, VA. I did not have the experiences that your uncle encountered.

I can applaud the move" but can someone enlighten me, when has the state of Mississippi ever held a huge championship in the SEC or with the NCAA.

I hope a Mississippi SWAC team sees this, because losing a home Championship game ( Alcorn) is not good

1. Mississippi State's baseball team hosts regionals/super regionals on the regular so this hits them right in the pockets. Same for Delta State and their baseball team

2. This only hurts MSU and USM (the SWAC schools and Ole Miss surprisingly do not fly the state flag on their campuses) on the FBS level and the other schools like Delta State, Belhaven, William Carey and the W since they do fly the flag

Ole miss has a dark past with race mixing alumni since the school was ever started lol Spike lee could do a movie. It's a very large percentage of racist and non racist white families that settled in the state during slavery who have us blacks as blood relatives like me so it's hypocrisy to continue flying a symbol of racism.I actually have white cousins in Oxford. That flag has to go though... it's long overdue.

Last edited:
I don't think this ban applies to the SCG.

Not sure about SWAC tournaments being hosted on campus (Valley has hosted volleyball the past two seasons)

I graduated from Jackson State in 1971; moved to Arlington, VA. I did not have the experiences that your uncle encountered.

I overlooked that because I felt like it was a bunch of b.s. While I will agree that desegregation was still matriculating in the 70's, I didn't experience anything like that in Louisiana either, though I was much younger than you (LOL) at the time.

Intentionally.

As with they do a lot of things like intentionally did with the flag vote the last time it came up knowing that 58% of the state is white so putting it on the ballot is an automatic win

Or with Prop 42 when they made it a two part question on the ballot as to not properly fund education in the state. They continue to consolidate school districts and close schools yet over half of the consolidated districts are worse off than pre-consolidation

1. Mississippi State's baseball team hosts regionals/super regionals on the regular so this hits them right in the pockets. Same for Delta State and their baseball team

2. This only hurts MSU and USM (the SWAC schools and Ole Miss surprisingly do not fly the state flag on their campuses) on the FBS level and the other schools like Delta State, Belhaven, William Carey and the W since they do fly the flag
I was under the impression that none of the public 4 year universities were flying the flag now.

Those rednecks will rather take the financial blow than give that flag of treason up
This is true and has been proven, however, I do believe that if Biden is elected and has his Secretary of Defense to inform the Governor of MS that the Administration will downsize of move one or more of the U.S. Military Bases in Mississippi out of the State because the Confederate symbol in the State's flag is offensive to a major constituent of the Armed Service members and their families who are stationed there, I think you will see the Governor by pass putting the issue on the Ballot and instead appoint a Special Committee to Select a Flag and be done with the issue. Therefore, if the pressure from the SEC/NCAA doesn't have the desired effect this should be the next step.

You sound silly. You didn't see anything I posted that would suggest that.

Sorry if I mi-understood. Still do not need to go where I am not wanted. Whenever they come to us, it is to want something that we have. I agree with you, if don't like us, then stop recruiting our kids.

What can the universities do to stop that? They have the right to peaceably assemble like any other American.

If we want justice - equal protection under the law - then we must allow those same protections to those we vehemently disagree with.

I don't have a problem with this as long as they don't endanger or hurt anyone.

We just have to make sure we take a stand for what is right, true, and just.

You can't remove the flag from flying on campus but still allow this. It basically is window dressing

As we have found out when Alcorn and JSU played them, those same people in the pic are usually the ones hurling n words at Alcorn and JSU fans in Hattiesburg.

Interesting.

Kylin led the SEC in rushing last year. Could move himself up in the draft by proving he can catch the ball this year. Which he would have ample opportunity to do in Leach's offense.

I don't have any confidence in Mississippi politicians.

It's going to be interesting to watch what happens.

No black person should have any faith in ANY Mississippi politicians (GOP or Dem).

The NCAA ban is just one piece that gave an already grassroots effort to change the flag more momentum. Kylin Hill just kicked it up a notch by directly calling out the governor with his voice at one of the "flagship" school as a Mississippi native (side note: he should have came to Valley lol)

Back