Scandal rocks Jackson church

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony i bet they know that "judge not" or "he who is without sin cast the first stone" verse; forget the rest of the bible but i bet they can say that verse in their sleep

that’s just man's way of doing what they want
And trying to scare you into not saying anything about it.

Their pastor never not taught them that the "judge not" verse was talking about
a particular type of judging.

How you just gone ignore Jonh 7:24

and not teach your followers the difference?

Man preaches from his agenda, the Bible itself
says study to show THYSELF approved.

Yes, the Bible is there for any and everyone to read and in Proverbs 3:9 says, "Honor the Lord with thy substance and with the first fruits of all thine increase." I know you know this. You can't give God's 10% to a charity. You pay your tithes to the church that you belong to it. What you're doing is good, but God wants what's his!!!!
I pay tithes through various charities.... When I give a homeless man money for something to eat.. When I bring clothes to those at the Bridge House down here in New Orleans...

That's part of the problem right there... The bible is there for ANY and everyone to read...

If you have poor understanding than I understand "needing" a pastor and a church.... But I don't need no one to interpret words for me that I can understand on my own..

Not saying others should do as I do... but that's me...
:tup:

I know it can be quite disheartening to be steeped
In the church and scripture all your life, only to
Find out later that you’ve not taken the Bible in totality,
And by doing so you’ve missed the very essence of what you thought you had
And wanted because you never took a look for yourself, you only
Took the word of pastors, family and friends etc

But we brag about having discernment.

How? Through psychic ability? Lol!

Na, you have to study just like you did in school.

Or did you just “discernâ€￾ your degree?

See here we again have people posting about tithes, WHY? because that’s
What they heard their pastor harp on. What about all the other Old Testament Laws?
Pastor don’t say much about those do he? Ever Wonder why?

I wished everyone that “preached” preached the Bible
in Totality

This topic was just discussed in the office today. I feel and stand on the fact that many Black Folk get sooo Caught up in Religion, The church, the Pastor..etc. and totally lose focus of the Spiritual connect with God. Just thinking anf studying... Religion has changed the views of many people that really believe a certain way, but CANNOT give a Valid reason WHY... For instance, when I was younger, Women werent allowed to where Pants in the Sanctuary........ To me if a Person's Spirit is dying and need some rejevenation, accept them just as they are.. clothes, Sin, and all.

The church I attend is traditional Baptist, Great Ministry, active community wise, Awesome Choir.. But Im being Spiritually Fed, so that Supercedes All of the other stuff.

Again, Your SPIRITUAL Connect with God is More important that your Religion.....

What they heard their pastor harp on.
What about all the other Old Testament Laws?

in Totality

That is something that make me roll my eye's everytime I hear black folk talking about this like you will be condemmed to He!! if you don't go broke paying the pastors car note. I drop a couple of bucks in as a good will gesture and thats it. AIN'T NO PERCENTAGE OF MY INCOME BEING CACULATED. Thats out. :smh:

That is something that make me roll my eye's everytime I hear black folk talking about this like you will be condemmed to He!! if you don't go broke paying the pastors car note. I drop a couple of bucks in as a good will gesture and thats it. AIN'T NO PERCENTAGE OF MY INCOME BEING CACULATED. Thats out. :smh:

You can show them that Abraham gave a tenth of his spoils of war
Not income.

You can show them that the tithe was paid to the Levitical Priesthood
For the building on the temple.

You can even show them where God said every man should give
What purposes in his heart, and they will still not believe any of that
Even though it’s right there in the BIBLE

Because they're believing their pastor and not the Bible

And that same pastor never instructs them to follow the OTHER LAWS in the OLD Testament

and one top of that I bet he sometimes preaches about God's grace

how confused and contradictory can one person be?

all the while he's living like a king on earth

It’s a lot of people that will be in hell who paid
THEIR so-called tithes.

Last edited:
Yes, the Bible is there for any and everyone to read and in Proverbs 3:9 says, "Honor the Lord with thy substance and with the first fruits of all thine increase." I know you know this. You can't give God's 10% to a charity. You pay your tithes to the church that you belong to it. What you're doing is good, but God wants what's his!!!!

Look up the word Tithe man...then holla back...

What is my money going to a church for ..."To pay lights, water, and building up keep" (well that's what is supposed to be for...

IMO.... There are better things I can do with my money in the name of GOD... like helping those who are needy when I can help them.. The charity I donate to each year probably out weighs what many may give to their church in that year...
As long as it is in Gods name is what I believe should matter...

I should give to some of these churches that is taking the money and living lavishly while most of the church is struggling to keep their own lights on.. struggling to keep food in their house?

You can't tell no one HOW to tithe man...

Shat let me help you...

tithe [taɪð]
n
1. (Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) (often plural) Christianity a tenth part of agricultural or other produce, personal income, or profits, contributed either voluntarily or as a tax for the support of the church or clergy or for charitable purposes
2. (Historical Terms) any levy, esp of one tenth
3. a tenth or very small part of anything

What they heard their pastor harp on. What about all the other Old Testament Laws?

in Totality

Money hungry pimps will always leave out OR Charitable purposes

so this poster believes that not only can he pay tithes in todays world
but it only counts if you give it to the physical church building?

wow that preacher is sure teaching him....

so this poster believes that not only can he pay tithes in todays world
but it only counts if you give it to the physical church building?

wow that preacher is sure teaching him....

They always get caught up in the "House of GOD"....

This WHOLE world is GOD's HOUSE!!!

That church is a BUILDING...which is tax free for their land..... Off top the churches are getting many benefits.. now dude going to tell me I need to go to a church to give my money to GOD?!?!

How screwed up in the head is that?!?!

I tell ya'.. folk get so caught up in their religion they forget how to think.

Aren't you suppose to belong to a local church for accountability sake? When you pay your tithes, to what church do you pay them to?

If someone wants my tithe money, they have to prove they are a descendent of the tribe of Levi and are authorized to take the tithe. They also are then responsible for the sacrifices for my sin and Christ is made of none effect.

They always get caught up in the "House of GOD"....

This WHOLE world is GOD's HOUSE!!!

That church is a BUILDING...which is tax free for their land..... Off top the churches are getting many benefits.. now dude going to tell me I need to go to a church to give my money to GOD?!?!

How screwed up in the head is that?!?!

I tell ya'.. folk get so caught up in their religion they forget how to think.

GOD said whatever you've done to the least of these you've done to me.

the majority of times the least of these are not @ church.

If someone wants my tithe money, they have to prove they are a descendent of the tribe of Levi and are authorized to take the tithe. They also are then responsible for the sacrifices for my sin and Christ is made of none effect.

:lol:

Better be sacrificing some sheep and dripping blood on the altar ....

:lol:

I feel you though.

in Totality

Quick to serve pork in the church house and claim the laws of God are done away with, then turn to Malachai when the money is running low to talk about a man robbing God and tell you tithing is a law. Never will read Heb 7.

I bet some of these tithe believers think the pastor IS making sacrifices for their sins, even though no one can do that but God.

Quick to serve pork in the church house and claim the laws of God are done away with, then turn to Malachai when the money is running low to talk about a man robbing God and tell you tithing is a law. Never will read Heb 7.

so-called pastors scaring people into paying “ tithes”
@ a glazed ham Christmas dinner on a Sunday wearing a robe, all the
While being called reverend and yelling God is not the author of confusion

God is not but you sho damn are.

See here's the problem. If you read the Bible, then, live the Bible, and not put your opinion into it, then you'd be better off. But, people want the Bible to fit his or her lifestyle. When you know better, you do better. Or you should. I don't always go with what the preacher says. If it doesn't line up with the scripture, then I will call them out on it. C'mon now. We should all do this, but we do have choices. Everybody wants to skirt around the tithe. Again, people want the Bible to fit his or her lifestyle. Before we found out about that tithes was in the Bible, we were paying "dues." Right? And the pastor/the deacons gave a set amount for members to pay. But when we read and found out that "dues" was not Biblical, we changed our thought process and began living on that principle. I know I'm not the only that made this discovery. Bottomline, do the what Bible tells you to do!!!!!! Period!!!!! God knows if you're living the Bible. Access a concordance if you don't understand the language of the Bible. Or get the NIV Version of the Bible. And of course there are other versions to get for better comprehension.

in Totality

See here's the problem. If you read the Bible, then, live the Bible, and not put your opinion into it, then you'd be better off. But, people want the Bible to fit his or her lifestyle. When you know better, you do better. Or you should. I don't always go with what the preacher says. If it doesn't line up with the scripture, then I will call them out on it. C'mon now. We should all do this, but we do have choices. Everybody wants to skirt around the tithe. Again, people want the Bible to fit his or her lifestyle. Before we found out about that tithes was in the Bible, we were paying "dues." Right? And the pastor/the deacons gave a set amount for members to pay. But when we read and found out that "dues" was not Biblical, we changed our thought process and began living on that principle. I know I'm not the only that made this discovery. Bottomline, do the what Bible tells you to do!!!!!! Period!!!!! God knows if you're living the Bible. Access a concordance if you don't understand the language of the Bible. Or get the NIV Version of the Bible. And of course there are other versions to get for better comprehension.

What do you TRUST to be a more Godly act.. YOU taking your money and helping the poor and needy OR you taking THAT same money and giving it to a church that has been have a building fund for the SAME building for over 40 years?

I ain't saying don't pay your tithes to the church in which you belong.. but WHO are you to tell someone they MUST give their tithe to a church...

You say you read and understand for yourself... but you clearly didn't know the FULL definition of Tithe.

Man you said something about tithes

Every few months someone will post on the Prayer board
Or Small Talk, feeling real good about themselves, saying something about paying tithes
Then when presented with Scripture their post magically cease.

You can't possibly be paying tithes or required to pay tithes today, maybe
your church should change the name again because the tithe is throughly explained in the Bible and your giving today can never be that

Now you say I'm wrong But I got lots of scripture that says I'm right.

So if you're ready to enlighten me I'm humble enough, and want to please God enough to learn, but it has to be
Bible no pastor or mamma'nem

oh and don't leave out the other Old Testament laws like alot of pastors do

I am only saying what the Bible says. Do you really know what the church or who the church is? I wonder. The church is the people!!!! Not the building. And when it comes to the tithe.....

What do you TRUST to be a more Godly act.. YOU taking your money and helping the poor and needy OR you taking THAT same money and giving it to a church that has been have a building fund for the SAME building for over 40 years?

I ain't saying don't pay your tithes to the church in which you belong.. but WHO are you to tell someone they MUST give their tithe to a church...

You say you read and understand for yourself... but you clearly didn't know the FULL definition of Tithe.

I am always open to reproof and correction. If I should be tithing, teach me. Line by line, precept by precept. Here a little, there a little.

I'll be glad to share scriptures with you. I'm not here to condemn, but truly to shed some light for all of us, including myself, to get a clear understanding of what God wants us to do with what He has given us. Let's start. What scriptures do you have to share about you being right?

Man you said something about tithes

Every few months someone will post on the Prayer board
Or Small Talk, feeling real good about themselves, saying something about paying tithes
Then when presented with Scripture their post magically cease.

You can't possibly be paying tithes or required to pay tithes today, maybe
your church should change the name again because the tithe is throughly explained in the Bible and your giving today can never be that

Now you say I'm wrong But I got lots of scripture that says I'm right.

So if you're ready to enlighten me I'm humble enough, and want to please God enough to learn, but it has to be
Bible no pastor or mamma'nem

oh and don't leave out the other Old Testament laws like alot of pastors do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back