SCAMS.............BE VERY CAREFUL!!!

STRAWDOG

JUDGE ADVOCATE GENERAL
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE be very careful of ALL of YOUR PERSONAL information that you put on the internet or give out over your phone. There are all kinds of scams and trickery out there trying to separate us from our money!

I do very, very little transactions on the internet. I don't do bank transactions on the internet. I don't pay any bills through the internet. Some people tells me I need to get into the 21st century. And I am like, whatever. :rolleyes:

But, I am aware that my personal information is still out there. I went to the Texas State High School Track and Field Championships this weekend in Austin at the University of Texas.. There were only two ways that you could purchase tickets. Online and at the gate with a credit card, because seating was supposed to be limited (which was bullshit because they let everyone in who wanted to get in). But anyway, when I clicked on the web site to purchase tickets, all my personal information just popped up on the screen. Name, address, etc. And I am thinking, what the fuck??? All I had to do was enter my credit card number and my e-mail address on my phone. They already had my e-mail address on my desk top computer. This I found strange because I have never done anything with the UIL, or UT on my computer.

I have received emails from (supposedly) Amazon saying that my order was complete with a ship to address of somewhere/someone that I have no idea of who, what, when or how some of these people got my home email address. I did not open it; in fact; I deleted it. There are ALL kinds of scams going on out there.............I JUST WANT ALL OF US MAKE SURE WE DON'T FALL FOR SOME OF THESE BULLSHIT MOVES THAT ARE BEING PERPETRATED ON UNSUSPECTING FRIENDS AND OUR RELATIVES........BE BLESSED!!!

I have received emails from (supposedly) Amazon saying that my order was complete with a ship to address of somewhere/someone that I have no idea of who, what, when or how some of these people got my home email address. I did not open it; in fact; I deleted it
I get those all the time. And Like you, I just delete it without opening it.

Back