Rust College asks President to step down.

buckwheat1911

I think this is an issue the majority of HBCU's face with moving into the 21st century.

Concerns with inadequate living conditions, poor technology, outdated curricula and low wages
HOLLY SPRINGS • Nearly 1,000 Rust College alumni, faculty, staff, students and supporters have signed a petition asking that the college’s president, David L. Beckley, Ph.D., step down after 26 years at the college. The group says Beckley’s poor leadership has prevented the school from advancing and has created a culture of fear at the small, liberal arts college.
Cries from alumni, students and parents have been largely ignored over the past 20 years. Many are withholding financial support until Beckley is no longer president.

A letter from Leslie-Burl McLemore, Ph.D., a 1964 graduate and retired political science professor from Walls, Miss., has elevated the issue. McLemore’s July 1 letter, Thank You Dr. Beckley, But Your Time is Up sent to Beckley, the Rust College Board of Trustees and hundreds of Rustites, asked the president to step down.

I think this is an issue the majority of HBCU's face with moving into the 21st century.

Concerns with inadequate living conditions, poor technology, outdated curricula and low wages
HOLLY SPRINGS • Nearly 1,000 Rust College alumni, faculty, staff, students and supporters have signed a petition asking that the college’s president, David L. Beckley, Ph.D., step down after 26 years at the college. The group says Beckley’s poor leadership has prevented the school from advancing and has created a culture of fear at the small, liberal arts college.
Cries from alumni, students and parents have been largely ignored over the past 20 years. Many are withholding financial support until Beckley is no longer president.

A letter from Leslie-Burl McLemore, Ph.D., a 1964 graduate and retired political science professor from Walls, Miss., has elevated the issue. McLemore’s July 1 letter, Thank You Dr. Beckley, But Your Time is Up sent to Beckley, the Rust College Board of Trustees and hundreds of Rustites, asked the president to step down.
Interesting...

You have to expand on that b/c I'm not following. I mean the only other HBCU where that comes to mind is Hampton University where the president has been there for over 40 years and runs it like he's a dictator of a communist country. He needs to step down but won't. Hampton has seen better days and if he continues to stay it will only get worse. I think he's planning to stay until he dies which is extremely selfish and egotistical ... give someone else an opportunity to lead ... DAMN! And he's a millionaire, he don't need the money. New leadership is desperately needed at Hampton.

You have to expand on that b/c I'm not following. I mean the only other HBCU where that comes to mind is Hampton University where the president has been there for over 40 years and runs it like he's a dictator of a communist country. He needs to step down but won't. Hampton has seen better days and if he continues to stay it will only get worse. I think he's planning to stay until he dies which is extremely selfish and egotistical ... give someone else an opportunity to lead ... DAMN! And he's a millionaire, he don't need the money. New leadership is desperately needed at Hampton.
It's not the money. It's the power they can't let go of.

Back