Running in the Winter?

Rab23

Hello I just had a question for anybody who runs on the regular.Im trying to start a routine of running however I don't like any bit of discomfort while I run. So my question is as follows When you run do/did you ever experiance an internal itching from legs or lower back? I've been told that thats the blood moving through your viens so fast that its burning fat. So what do you do about it? Does running the winter burn more calories because your body is trying to keep you warm?

Hello I just had a question for anybody who runs on the regular.Im trying to start a routine of running however I don't like any bit of discomfort while I run. So my question is as follows When you run do/did you ever experiance an internal itching from legs or lower back? I've been told that thats the blood moving through your viens so fast that its burning fat. So what do you do about it? Does running the winter burn more calories because your body is trying to keep you warm?

Yes....and I hate that! :tdown:

Hello I just had a question for anybody who runs on the regular.Im trying to start a routine of running however I don't like any bit of discomfort while I run. So my question is as follows When you run do/did you ever experiance an internal itching from legs or lower back? I've been told that thats the blood moving through your viens so fast that its burning fat. So what do you do about it? Does running the winter burn more calories because your body is trying to keep you warm?[/QUOTE]

Yes, a great way to speed up your metabolism.....
Im running 1-3 miles 3-4 times a week...Ive been focusing more on my endurance. 3 months ago I couldnt run a lap....now up to 3 miles........:smash:
That burn and itch is a fool though....not quite sure why this happens

what are you running in? You may want to invest in some nike dri fit or under armor gear.

I've been running 3 days per week early in the AM and I haven't experienced that itch/burn you speak of. I dress in layers and when I get too warm I shed a layer. As delock said, I wear dri fit.

Tell me about it..........thats why I stop running.............and scratching it only makes it worse

Yes it does! :smh:

I end up having whelps(sp) all over my thighs from the intense itching!

I may need to invest in some of the undergarment mentioned above.

They say this is a good exercise for everyone, but you must be careful, b/c running is not good on the knees.

oh well, I don't run in any season. :smh:

They say this is a good exercise for everyone, but you must be careful, b/c running is not good on the knees.

oh well, I don't run in any season. :smh:

One must also be mindful of the type of shoes they are running in and what they are running on. Tennis shoes should be changed, roughly, every 400 miles. Also, running on concrete is not a good idea. Pavement or the surface of tracks are better for your entire body.

One must also be mindful of the type of shoes they are running in and what they are running on. Tennis shoes should be changed, roughly, every 400 miles. Also, running on concrete is not a good idea. Pavement or the surface of tracks are better for your entire body.

Damn woman....we are > < here. We talked about this the other night at the gym.

Depending on size...you should be able to get 400 to 500 miles out a per of kicks.

agree on the running surface.

Back