Roy Jones Jr. drops hints at possible fight with Mike Tyson

MACKG

a.k.a. NASTYNUPE
Roy Jones Jr. vs. Evander Holyfield? It could happen, USA Today reported on Wednesday.

Jones, who outclassed John Ruiz on March 1, may get in the ring against Holyfield on Oct. 4 at Madison Square Garden.

"It's a very exciting fight. I think Evander will fight me harder than anyone else because he's as proud as a lion," Jones told USA Today. "Everyone has written him off. They say he's 40, he lost to (Chris) Byrd in his last fight, but trust me, he's not done. He would come to win."

Jones has displayed interest in fighting Holyfield, according to Jim Thomas, Holyfield's attorney.

"Roy is interested in the fight, and Evander is interested in fighting for any of the three major titles and fighting Roy for his," Thomas said.

Jones told promoter Murad Muhammad to not just limit a future fight to Holyfield.

"I don't know for sure yet what we'll do. I'll see what looks best," Jones said. "I like the Holyfield fight, but if (Mike) Tyson is there, we'll look at that. But if I fight him, it has to be big money, $100 million. I don't need that much for Holyfield."

Yeah I am sure he doesn't need much money to fight Holifield. Agaist Chris Byrd, Evander looked washed up didn't show anything. I think Roy Jones probably can beat Tyson if he jabs him and fustrates him (Buster Douglas, Lennox Lewis). But Roy needs $100 million from that fight Because if Tyson connects......

It probably won't be a pretty site for Roy.

Originally posted by Beer Man
But Roy needs $100 million from that fight Because if Tyson connects......

It probably won't be a pretty site for Roy.

Probably would be a career ending hit.

Why do you rob banks?

Because that's where the money is. And Roy is lucky in that the two cash cows of the heavy weight division are on the down side in a big way. As I stated before, since he's going to retire in a year or so, he might as well go out by cashing in. A Holyfield fight will reap him more than $20 million. A Tyson finale would reap in over 40 MILLION dollars. Win, lose or draw, he's good to go.

By this time next year, Roy will be retired, have all of senses and do whatever he pleases.

I'd fight Holyfield and collect the payday for the split decision win, then fight Tyson and win the $40M on a 4th round TKO. Tyson's heart and skills have left him.

Back