Ronald Bell: Kool & The Gang founder dies aged 68

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
So sorry to hear of this. I remember when Kool and the Gang was in it's infancy in the early 70's. I was in college at Bama at the time and the Afro-American Association got them to perform on campus, in Foster Auditorium of all places, for only 500.00 (that would be about 3000.00 dollars in today's currency). They put on a hella show. One of the best concerts I have ever seen. After the concert, we got to meet the group members. They signed autographs, posed for pictures. Really cool dudes.

So sorry to hear of this. I remember when Kool and the Gang was in it's infancy in the early 70's. I was in college at Bama at the time and the Afro-American Association got them to perform on campus, in Foster Auditorium of all places, for only 500.00 (that would be about 3000.00 dollars in today's currency). They put on a hella show. One of the best concerts I have ever seen. After the concert, we got to meet the group members. They signed autographs, posed for pictures. Really cool dudes.
They had different and unique phases and stages their career as a group from the 60 to 80s with Funk/Jazz/R&B/Pop. They were so unique.

Back