Romeo from Steve Harvey Show Killed

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
This is so fugged up. They're dropping everyday, even the famous ones. Make me feel like that Biggie Song "Somebody got to die; if I go you got to go."

Reports say that he was shot in the head so bad, he had to be identified through his fingerprints.

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE
Reports say that he was shot in the head so bad, he had to be identified through his fingerprints.

Now that just don't make no dayum sense. They need to cane the suspect every day for per bullet.

R.I.P. Romeo.....damn thats some foul crap right there....

i see brotha's is dying lie flies in 02....sad....

but r.i.p.....

I think this is the latest. Also, it's been said that the driver was another actor, Brandon Adams. He was on several shows when he was younger, like the Cosby Show, A Different World, Moesha, etc. But I haven't seen any confirmation of that. Brandon's picture is at this link:
http://www.billywirthfanclub.com/movies/MacArthurPark/CAST/grafix/brandonthunb.jpg

Arrest in shooting death of actor Merlin Santana

Monday November 11, 2002

LOS ANGELES (AP) A woman was arrested early Monday in the weekend shooting death of television and film actor Merlin Santana, but Los Angeles police provided no other details.

Santana, 26, who recently appeared in the Eddie Murphy and Robert De Niro movie ``Showtime,'' was shot to death early Saturday while sitting in the passenger seat of a car parked in south Los Angeles.

Police did not release the woman's identity in announcing her arrest.

``The investigation is ongoing, and no further comment will be given at this time,'' Lt. Horace Frank said.

Earlier, police said that at least one person approached the car and opened fire, striking Santana. The driver escaped injury, drove off and flagged down police.

Santana was pronounced dead at the scene, Lt. Clay Farrell said Sunday. No motive for the slaying had been reported by investigators.

The New York-born Santana earned nominations for the NAACP Image Awards and ALMA Awards, which honor Hispanic performers, for his recurring role as Romeo Santana on ``The Steve Harvey Show'' on the WB Network.

``This kid is not a gangster,'' said Harvey, a radio and television talk show host in Los Angeles. ``Whatever the situation was, he didn't deserve to die.''

``Why is it that young people today feel they have no alternative but to murder somebody?'' Harvey said during a KCBS-TV interview Monday.

Santana also had guest appearances on a number of television shows, including ``JAG,'' ``The Cosby Show,'' ``Major Dad,'' ``Moesha'' and ``Sister, Sister.'' He was in the regular casts of ``Getting By'' and ``Under One Roof.''

When I was in L.A. this summer I knew for damn sure not to meet anyone in some unfamiliar place. He should have known better but it still should not have happened. I can think of a few times I could have been caught slipping, just by sitting in a parking garage at certain times.

My heart goes out to his family. May God continue to bless them during this trying time. I am continuing to pray that God will touch people's hearts and and minds in reference to all this violence. This is another senseless death. We are living in some crucial times in this world. It is praying time. May his soul RIP.

Originally posted by jag4life
When I was in L.A. this summer I knew for damn sure not to meet anyone in some unfamiliar place. He should have known better but it still should not have happened. I can think of a few times I could have been caught slipping, just by sitting in a parking garage at certain times.
Thats true. The area where he was killed is very quiet...easy for rapid getaways. We got car-jacked a few blocks from there. He should have known better than to be out like that.

When I heard about it my heart dropped, I couldn't believe it. Prayers to the family. I just don't get it. I was trying to hear what Steve Harvey was saying on the radio yesterday and he was saying how all this crap has to to end. When they interviewed Steve Harvey while at the radio station, he got up while on air took off his headphones and said he had to go home and walked towards the door.

They say it was a teenage girl that was arrested and she possibly had 2 male accomplices. Go to LAPD online and look under the Southwest division there should be some info or it just may be on the first page. Dayum.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
As reported by Latimes.com

Girl Held, 2 Men Sought in Actor's Killing
Police refuse to provide any details about a teen taken into custody in the shooting of 26-year-old Merlin Santana.

By Richard Winton and Andrew Blankstein ., Times Staff Writers

Police arrested a teenage girl Monday and were seeking two men in connection with the fatal shooting two days earlier of actor Merlin Santana.

Santana, 26, best known for his role as Romeo Santana on "The Steve Harvey Show," was shot as he sat in a parked car in the 3800 block of Victoria Avenue, a quiet residential street in South Los Angeles.

Sources said that Santana and a friend had been at a nearby home in the early hours of Saturday morning with the girl, whom he had met recently. She left the home and later returned outside the residence about 2:45 a.m. accompanied by two men in a car, sources said.

Santana and his friend had gotten in another vehicle to leave when one of men shot him in the head as he sat in the passenger seat, sources said.

His friend drove to Crenshaw and Exposition boulevards and flagged down a police car. Santana died at the scene, according to Los Angeles Lt. Clay Farrell.

LAPD officials declined to identify the girl.

"We aren't releasing further details because it could jeopardize the ongoing investigation," Los Angeles Police Officer Jason Lee said. The department has assigned eight detectives to the case

The New York-born Santana, whose parents emigrated from the Dominican Republic, earned nominations for the NAACP Image Awards and ALMA Awards, which honor Latino performers, for his role on "The Steve Harvey Show" on the WB Network.

Santana also appeared on other television shows, including "The Cosby Show," "Major Dad," "Moesha" and "Sister, Sister." He was in the regular casts of "Getting By" and "Under One Roof."

Police ask that anyone with information related to Santana's slaying contact LAPD's Robbery Homicide Division at (213) 485-2129.

From allhiphop.com
Exclusive: Merlin Santana Killed In Botched Robbery:

By Wil Bannister
Date: 11/14/2002 9:53 PM

Award winning actor and hip-hop hopeful, Merlin Santana, known for his macho portrayal of Romeo on the The Steve Harvey Show, may have been set up and was a target for a robbery, police said.

During an interview with an officer from the LAPD, AllHipHop.com uncovered some exclusive details to the motive that may have led to the death of Merlin Santana. The officer, who requested to remain anonymous, stated that investigators said that the women currently being held for questioning in this case "set Santana up" and that she and two other young men planned to rob Santana and the driver of the car in which he was murdered in.

The LAPD source went further to add the following sequence of events that led to the murder:

On the evening in question, Santana and a friend had met the young women, while partying at an undisclosed location. As the evening grew on, it's unknown who suggested it, however, the party made its way to what is believed to be the young woman's house, on Victoria Avenue in the Crenshaw district located in South Los Angeles. There, Santana waited in the car while his friend went into a house with the young women. Sources then say, the young women left briefly to pick up "more drinks" for the evening's festivities, and then returned with two unidentified men. Investigators believe that while the young woman was away from the house she allegedly called the two additional murder suspects, for what police feel was an attempt to "set up and rob" the known popular WB star and his friend.

When Santana and friend noticed the women returning with these two other men, sources say, they got into another car to leave and that's when two shots were fired into the vehicle containing Santana and his associate.

One shot was believed to have been fired from a shotgun held by one of two male suspects who exited their car and was then standing in the middle of Victoria Avenue. The round then struck Santana in the back of the head killing him instantly, the source said.

The suspects then fled the scene, while; Santana's friend drove to Crenshaw and Exposition boulevards, where he flagged down passing patrol officers.

Merlin Santana represents another addition to the senseless killings that have unfortunately been on the rise in the black entertainment community, including the execution of Run DMC member Jam Master Jay.

Back