Roland Martin Goes One-On-One With Dr. Umar Johnson

Got a heated with interracial marriage segment.
I know a sister who feels the same way as the guy in the video.
She says that brothers that marry white women are sell outs and she feels the same for the sisters but says they have an excuse.

I have no problem with interracial relationships. I do have a problem with those who do it thinking they're getting something better because of a interracial relationship though.
I can go either way. In this case, I got a problem with Umar so when he say it, I just be like, okay. With my brother, I knew he would not marry a black chick because he was a nerd growing up. Sisters joked on him all his life so I figured in adulthood, he was dipping.

"You can't sleep White and talk Black"---15:50. Perhaps he should've substituted "marry" in place of "sleep".

I have no problem with interracial relationships. I do have a problem with those who do it thinking they're getting something better because of a interracial relationship though.
Why marry if you don't automatically think you're getting something better?

I don't like or hate Roland Martin. He can raise some good questions but sometimes he is just extra to me (shrugs shoulders).

Now at first I used to listen to Umar. I loved it when I first heard him speak about his boys school, but over the years, he lost a lot of credibility with me. It was never because of that conscious stripper because we all need love. It let me know he was human. But when he started going off on people who wanted to know about the money, that bothered me. And why does he have to be so particular? At $750,000 he can make something happen already can't he?

And that youtube rant set him back in my eyes...very unprofessional. I also don't think it was wise for him to be on this show where any smart person knows he will be questioned and attacked. And the other people on the panel? Maybe there was one guy with an open mind but....geesh....

I would give 70% of that credibility back to Umar if he would just start the school already. That's all! start the school and he will be alright with me again....

I don't like or hate Roland Martin. He can raise some good questions but sometimes he is just extra to me (shrugs shoulders).

Now at first I used to listen to Umar. I loved it when I first heard him speak about his boys school, but over the years, he lost a lot of credibility with me. It was never because of that conscious stripper because we all need love. It let me know he was human. But when he started going off on people who wanted to know about the money, that bothered me. And why does he have to be so particular? At $750,000 he can make something happen already can't he?

And that youtube rant set him back in my eyes...very unprofessional. I also don't think it was wise for him to be on this show where any smart person knows he will be questioned and attacked. And the other people on the panel? Maybe there was one guy with an open mind but....geesh....

I would give 70% of that credibility back to Umar if he would just start the school already. That's all! start the school and he will be alright with me again....
I was on the fence before that youtube rant. That youtube rant made him another character in book. Same with Tareeq. When Tareeq walked up on Tommy Sotomayor in some WWE style skit, I was like na man... I primarily listen to Boyce Watkins and Claude Anderson now.

I was on the fence before that youtube rant. That youtube rant made him another character in book. Same with Tareeq. When Tareeq walked up on Tommy Sotomayor in some WWE style skit, I was like na man... I primarily listen to Boyce Watkins and Claude Anderson now.
Tariq has made a top selling video game at the expense of Tommy Sotomayor. I mean...I understand his issues with Tommy. Never liked Tommy but to me it is kinda contradictory to put out something as brilliant as the Hidden Color Series and the upcoming 1804 which you know will be good but to bury another Black Man whose career was already not going any where (shrugging shoulders)....

Nevertheless, I still faithfully catch his Sunday live show if just for anything to hear what is going on from a non-mainstream perspective. Lots of good info and resource is shared. He also can get stuff done real quick. A hustler indeed be it positive of negative...

Why marry if you don't automatically think you're getting something better?
It's merely a question posed to anybody. Seems like 90 percent of Black men in Hollywood marry White women. Perhaps they think they're getting something better than if they married a Black woman. That's what it seems like.

and those you don't get access to
Exactly....

The debate that they had above is technically useless in my opinion. Umer Johnson reminds me of highly educated people who are never wrong. Loren and Eugene seemed to just want to argue.

One of my SU classmates had a white GF and her dad owned new a new car dealership in B.R. Dude bought a car and she was paying the note. Doubling up on his notes lol

Back