Roku or Firestick?

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Which is better to use?
I have a Roku and have used it better than using my googlecast (although I haven't been able to cast to the Roku, only mirror my screen).

What other things can I do with it or should I get the Firestick and use it instead.

What can you do with a firestick?

Which is better to use?
I have a Roku and have used it better than using my googlecast (although I haven't been able to cast to the Roku, only mirror my screen).

What other things can I do with it or should I get the Firestick and use it instead.

What can you do with a firestick?

I have a Roku and have been able to cast on it. I also have a Roku TV, Google Cast & Fire Stick. All of them seem to have there own little nuances. So, you're asking a very difficult question. My opinion have changed over the years. If I personally had to rank them, this is the way I would go:

1) Fire Stick
2) Roku
3) Google Cast

I have a Roku and have been able to cast on it. I also have a Roku TV, Google Cast & Fire Stick. All of them seem to have there own little nuances. So, you're asking a very difficult question. My opinion have changed over the years. If I personally had to rank them, this is the way I would go:

1) Fire Stick
2) Roku
3) Google Cast

I haven't been able to cast to my Roku only mirror my screen. I have some apps that I can only cast on and can't get on Roku. I then have to switch to my google cast just for those and I get tired of having to switch back and forth.

I haven't been able to cast to my Roku only mirror my screen. I have some apps that I can only cast on and can't get on Roku. I then have to switch to my google cast just for those and I get tired of having to switch back and forth.

What I have noticed is there are different casting apps. What I will do is look at the devices the app is searching where to cast. More times than not on the search, I will see my Roku stick & Roku Smart TV as two of many selection of where to cast. I have All Cast as an app. Perhaps that would make a difference for you.

Kodi (encr.) is forever our friend.

Go w/ the jail broken firestick. I’m year #3 w/ it and am still discovering nuances about it, as time permits.
Just ordered my Firestick yesterday. It will be delivered tomorrow. Don't have me come looking for you, Bewild.

Just ordered my Firestick yesterday. It will be delivered tomorrow. Don't have me come looking for you, Bewild.

lol Alright Herb. It's easy to jailbreak that bad boy. It's on youtube. If not, Jose and La'Quann 'nem from the carwash know how to do it and will charge you 20$ to jailbreak your deal. :D

Back