Rogersbros Reacts to Louisiana State University 'NECK'

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
They know what it represents, they have a brother on their Band Staff that explained it to them.

They know what it represents, they have a brother on their Band Staff that explained it to them.

The fans absolutely do not. I go on their message board all the time, and they talk about it. One idiot said, "the real song sucks but the band jams".

What an asshole.

For the most part none of them know what the song is about. They heard us play it at the State Capital in Spring 04, their crowd went nuts, then they started playing it the following year.

They know, Kelvin Jones explained it to them.

fae9aa17-29e1-42aa-ac9b-90b00aa0784d.png

https://www.lsu.edu/cmda/music/people/faculty/jones.php

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Georgia fan appalled by vulgar 'Neck' chant, rude behavior at LSU game: 'We will never be back'

My wife and I attended the UGA-LSU football game on Oct. 13. We have traveled to many stadiums for a number of years. We were very much looking forward to the trip to Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge.

It was a trip to remember, unfortunately for the wrong reasons. The game atmosphere and fan behavior was the most disgusting we have ever experienced. The tradition of “Neck” is simply sad, along with the “F you UGA” chant. It would be bad enough if it was just immature college students, but it wasn’t. It was adults. Adults!

After a great game by LSU, we left the stadium, only to be met by people intentionally blocking our way, shouting obscenities and vulgarities at myself and my wife. We also witnessed this happen to families with small children. Most of these obscenities were preceded by what is apparently the state word of Louisiana — the F word. All the while, stadium personnel just stood by smiling. During our walk to our vehicle, this behavior continued, and not one person on our 10-minute walk ever said anything to the offenders.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/opinion/letters/article_0e056fce-d305-11e8-9907-ff4d2c40cfdb.html

Last edited:
Maybe someone should tell LSU that a SU person (Charlie Singleton) co-wrote the song. I'm sure Singleton was at SU when students protested against the band going to LSU to perform for Reagan's campaign rally.

LSU played it for a long time lol -

TSU played it first - Southern didn't start playing (not sure if they played it before that) Neck until 1997 - from there it took off like wildfire after that

he mentioned adapted for Southern bands but specifically mentions LSU like they made it popular
For him LSU did make it popular. He's not going to give credit to any "southern" schools. :rolleyes:

They been playing Neck way before that young man got to LSU. Like 2003 time frame. Them white folks haven't paid attention to Cameo's lyrics over the years. Just the stuff they chanted in the stands which was just a snippet of the song and of course they added their spin to it. That got them banned by the SEC to say it anymore.

LSU played it for a long time lol -

TSU played it first - Southern didn't start playing (not sure if they played it before that) Neck until 1997 - from there it took off like wildfire after that

he mentioned adapted for Southern bands but specifically mentions LSU like they made it popular

I see SU folks ignoring this lol

Did TxSU or Norfolk play it first? Both claim to be the originator

Back