RIP Yaphet Kotto

pvdogteam

Who ya rootin' for? PVU
Actor Yaphet Kotto has died at the age of 81. Kotto was best known for his roles in the films Alien and Midnight Run and the TV show Homicide: Life on the Street. Kotto's death was confirmed to Variety by his agent Ryan Goldhar.

Kotto's early film credits included 1968's The Thomas Crown Affair and 1972's The Limit, which he both directed and starred in, playing a highway patrolman. The following year, he portrayed the role of Bond villain Mr. Big in the 007 adventure Live and Let Die and was then nominated for an Emmy for his performance as Ugandan president Idi Amin in the 1977 TV movie Raid on Entebbe...
Yaphet Kotto

But they didn't mention his hit role in the movie Truck Turner, with the then fine Nichelle Nichols, she was far from Lieutenant Uhura (Looking like someone Ceedog would have hung out with in the 70's LOL) in that movie, I just watched it a few weeks ago #RIP

truck-turner-1974-nichelle-nichols-nyota-uhura-yaphet-kotto-star-trek.jpg

We're losing a lot of human iconography in the black community, but it also means many of us were blessed to see some very gifted and talented people perform during our life-time.

I recall Brother Kotto verbally expressing decades ago how much of an honor he felt it would be to be recognized by his own. I think he was channeling the NAACP Image Awarde at the time.

RIP Brother Kotto

Back