Righteous Readings: September 2019

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
Hello all!

Last month the Prayer Board kicked off with prayer for the Athletic Season, and it's safe to say that it has taken off! We thank God for allowing us to be able to enjoy the pleasures of athletics and the joy and fellowship it brings.

Now, as we enter into the Fall season (September 23rd), we are so thankful that God has kept us. We certainly pray for all those who have been and are still affected by the hurricanes, praying for relief and restoration. I hope you have all been well and that your faith and trust in our Lord Jesus Christ grows stronger and stronger each day.

We have 3 days left, but here is the Righteous Reading for September 2019. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Lessons from the Parking Lot
lessones from the parking lot.jpg

It was when I started working at the VA that I started backing into parking spaces. I remember how I’d use the car(s) on either side of me as a guide to back in straight, aligned safely within the parking lines. It would be so disappointing to come out to the parking lot after work and see that my car was parked crookedly. For several months, I’d continue to use the car(s) on either side as a guide to park, and for several months I found my car parked crooked after my work-shift had ended. I was working 2nd shift then, so by the time I had gotten off work, there weren’t any cars parked beside me, so I had a good look at my car. But it was when I came to 1st shift that I saw something that finally made me think. One day, I had parked my car, again using the cars on either side as a measuring guide to park straight. But this time after work, I noticed that the cars on either side of mine were parked crooked. The next few days I parked in different places and after work, it was the same, my car, along with those beside me were parked crooked.

I used to keep loose change in my driver’s side door handle, and one day as I opened my car door, a quarter rolled out. When I went to retrieve it, I found it a few parking spaces away, and it had landed exactly in the middle of one of the yellow parking lines, EXACTLY in the middle. And that’s when it hit me: I had been trying to align my car straightly against one that was aligned crookedly!

“There is a way which seems right to a man and appears straight before him, but its end is the way of death”-Proverbs 14:12 (AMP)

Sometimes, often early in our Christian walk, we’ll come across other people who have the appearance of having it altogether. They’ll use those inspirational quotes and clever clichés. They’ll get up and speak well when it comes to the Word of God. You’ll see them hobnobbing with the more present church-members, always all-inclusive in church events and ministries. They have such an appealing presence that we may find ourselves desiring to become like such, and will find ourselves more often in their company, seeking to live/think/become just as them. We put so much focus on trying to line up with them that we fail to see their misalignment with Christ. Now, you may be thinking of what Paul said to the church at Corinth when he said this:

10 “32 Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God— 33 even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.

11 1 Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.

God has allowed many of His strongest faith-warriors to cross our paths. The Body of Christ needs each other for uplifting and encouragement. So, IF the Holy Spirit should lead you to a person deep-rooted in Jesus Christ, yes, accept them into your Spiritual life and learn from them as Jesus leads and empowers them. But ultimately, KEEP your focus on Jesus, no matter what. It wasn't until I finally fixed my focus on what was straight that I could successfully park my car. Just like the lines on the parking lot, His way is straight and narrow, and it will never have you crooked. Just as I used those straight lines to align my car within the parking boundaries, use Him and His word as your measuring guide for your Spiritual alignment. "Appearances" of straight will lead to damage, injury, even death. But the WAY will keep you within the protective realm of the Lord's peace, provision, and protection!

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith!"- Hebrews 12:1-2 (KJV)

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always!

Last edited:

Lessons from the Parking Lot
View attachment 8181

It was when I started working at the VA that I started backing into parking spaces. I remember how I’d use the car(s) on either side of me as a guide to back in straight, aligned safely within the parking lines. It would be so disappointing to come out to the parking lot after work and see that my car was parked crookedly. For several months, I’d continue to use the car(s) on either side as a guide to park, and for several months I found my car parked crooked after my work-shift had ended. I was working 2nd shift then, so by the time I had gotten off work, there weren’t any cars parked beside me, so I had a good look at my car. But it was when I came to 1st shift that I saw something that finally made me think. One day, I had parked my car, again using the cars on either side as a measuring guide to park straight. But this time after work, I noticed that the cars on either side of mine were parked crooked. The next few days I parked in different places and after work, it was the same, my car, along with those beside me were parked crooked.

I used to keep loose change in my driver’s side door handle, and one day as I opened my car door, a quarter rolled out. When I went to retrieve it, I found it a few parking spaces away, and it had landed exactly in the middle of one of the yellow parking lines, EXACTLY in the middle. And that’s when it hit me: I had been trying to align my car straightly against one that was aligned crookedly!

“There is a way which seems right to a man and appears straight before him, but its end is the way of death”-Proverbs 14:12 (AMP)

Sometimes, often early in our Christian walk, we’ll come across other people who have the appearance of having it altogether. They’ll use those inspirational quotes and clever clichés. They’ll get up and speak well when it comes to the Word of God. You’ll see them hobnobbing with the more present church-members, always all-inclusive in church events and ministries. They have such an appealing presence that we may find ourselves desiring to become like such, and will find ourselves more often in their company, seeking to live/think/become just as them. We put so much focus on trying to line up with them that we fail to see their misalignment with Christ. Now, you may be thinking of what Paul said to the church at Corinth when he said this:

10 “32 Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God— 33 even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.

11 1 Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.

God has allowed many of His strongest faith-warriors to cross our paths. The Body of Christ needs each other for uplifting and encouragement. So, IF the Holy Spirit should lead you to a person deep-rooted in Jesus Christ, yes, accept them into your Spiritual life and learn from them as Jesus leads and empowers them. But ultimately, KEEP your focus on Jesus, no matter what. It wasn't until I finally fixed my focus on what was straight that I could successfully park my car. Just like the lines on the parking lot, His way is straight and narrow, and it will never have you crooked. Just as I used those straight lines to align my car within the parking boundaries, use Him and His word as your measuring guide for your Spiritual alignment. "Appearances" of straight will lead to damage, injury, even death. But the WAY will keep you within the protective realm of the Lord's peace, provision, and protection!

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith!"- Hebrews 12:1-2 (KJV)

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always!
Amen, dear Sister!

Back