Righteous Readings: July 2019

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
Lord, after tonight, we'll have only 3 more days left in July! Time is flying.

Hope you've all been well and staying in cool. Here's July's RR.

Spiritual Diligence

“For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end. That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises” -Galatians 6:10-12 (KJV).

When it aired, Game of Thrones was my favorite television series of all time. For 9 years, every Sunday night during the spring season, I faithfully watched every episode. I made sure not to schedule any over-time work during the season. I would hurry home after my Ministry visits to the Juvenile Detention Facility so I wouldn’t miss one minute of the episode. I even told folks unless someone was NOT breathing or bleeding profusely not to call me after 8pm during the Game of Thrones season. I made all conscientious efforts to be in place to watch my favorite television show, uninterrupted.

Our relationship with Jesus Christ is the most important relationship we could ever have, as it sets the foundation for our other relationships. It is NOT enough to make Him a daily priority; we must also take great lengths to ensure that, when we have our daily communion and Word time with Him, nothing will hinder us from receiving what we need to live a Godly life and be effective witnesses. So, just as we exercise great diligence to be punctual and present in our everyday living, let our Spiritual diligence be the same, if not stronger, in our efforts for righteous living. And as we exercise Spiritual diligence in our pursuit of Godliness, let us do it heartily and with eagerness for our Lord Jesus.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back