Righteous Readings: August 2019

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
Greetings all!

August has made its way to us, thanks to our Lord Jesus Christ, and we're into the 3rd day of the 8th month of the year. The number "8" in Biblical numerology symbolizes "new beginning" or "regeneration". As this is the month that sees the beginning of the academic and athletic season, The Prayer Board will use this month to offer prayer for our students and athletes.

Before I move forward with anything, I consult with the Lord and ask for guidance in the task I'm about to do. I believe this is important, as I don't ever want to get in front of His will and have my efforts go to pot. So, starting on tomorrow and each week during August, the Prayer Board will revisit the tradition of praying for the athletic season before it starts, in an effort to have a successful and prosperous season according to God's purpose and glory!

We will be praying for ALL of our athletes, from the little leaguers, to the junior varsity, to the high-schoolers, to the college playmakers and yes, even the professionals. We will be praying for students from ALL sports in the league, from football to baseball to golf to bowling to swimming...….whatever the sport, we'll petition the Lord's grace. We will cover our coaches, ADs, administrators, instructors, institutions, parents, the bands, the officials......WE WILL BE PRAYING!

Tune in tomorrow for Week 1: Prayer for good health and an injury-free season for our athletes (as according to 3 John, verse 2) and for the spirit of priority focus (as according to Matthew 6:33), led by Bulldog.M.Ed.23, alumnus from Alabama A&M University.

Thank you, and God's grace be with you all!

Hello again everyone!

Well, it's the 10th day of August, and I'm guessing that all necessary athletes have reported to their respective Summer/Fall camp and are preparing for the 2019-2020 athletic season. I know our Golden Lions Women's soccer team will play their first game in an Exhibition against Arkansas State down in Pine Bluff, this approaching Tuesday!

We thank @BulldogM.Ed.23 for that Holy Ghost-fueled prayer, petitioning covering for our athletes this season. WE'RE NOT DONE!!! As we receive good guidance and instruction and wisdom from the Lord God Jehovah, we will request that our athletes receive the same from our coaches, ADs, institutional presidents/chancellors, and our conference commissioners.

Please tune in tomorrow, where we will pray that those in authority over our athletes, colleges, and conference will live AND lead in a way conducive to God and His righteousness and salvation, as according to 1 Timothy 2:1-2; we will also pray for them to recognize that the enemy is hard at work, even in administrative affairs, as according to Ephesians 6:12; and pray that they will surrender their hearts over to God so that His will be done concerning our athletes, students, and schools, as according to Proverbs 21:1-3. Offering that prayer will be @LAW DAWG, from the school on the 3rd Coast, the Texas Southern University!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Hello, hello, hello! Greetings to you all!

God's Word tells us, in the 5th chapter of James, that the intensely passionate prayer of the righteous will result and be fruitful, and we certainly were blessed last week with such a prayer, offered by @LAW DAWG! I had just came out of my morning prayer before I got ready for Worship Service and was already emotionally Spirit-filled when I read it, and I just about took off! And the best part is WE'RE STILL NOT DONE YET!!!!

The first week of school has come and go here in Arkansas, and soon many students will be returning to college campuses across the nation. We want to be in prayer for our students, student-athletes, but want to cover parents as well. The Word of God is true in stating "There is no new thing under the sun"; however, in today's times, our children are constantly and persistently bombarded with images, messages, songs, social media that encourage behavior contradictory to good, sound, meaningful doctrine. Bad behavior, bad habits is sensationalized EVERYWHERE, proudly put on display! Many, many parents have gotten beyond lax, for whatever reason, in properly raising their children according to God's standards and instructions, and allow their children to indulge in this mess.

Please tune in tomorrow, as we will pray for the parents of our students/student-athletes. We will petition God again for His grace, wisdom, and instruction regarding the upbringing of our children. Children are a gift from God, a reward to us from Him (Psalm 127). Not only has He set the standard on how we are to raise our children, but God has also told us specifically what to teach them. Since our first learning begins at home, we will be praying for parents to FIRSTLY teach their children about the Lord Jesus Christ, as according to Matthew 11:29, Deuteronomy 6:6-9, Proverbs 22:6; we will petition for parents to recognize when to correct and discipline their children, as according to Proverbs 29:15-17; for parents to be supportive and encouraging and NOT antagonizing, as according to Ephesians 6:4; and we will pray that our children be receptive to the wisdom and instruction from their parents, as according to Proverbs 1:8-9, Proverbs 3:1-2,11-12, and Ephesians 6:1-3.

Prayer will be offered by @Big Thunder, alumnus of the school overlooking the beautiful Mississippi River, the Southern University and A&M College (Baton Rouge)!

Hello all! Greetings in the name of Jesus Christ!

Well, we’re about to enter the last week of this month, and it certainly has brought along excitement & anticipation! I’m in amazement at how God is so amazing! I’m just as excited at how this Forum has united Believers together in prayer! And when I tell you it’s some prayin’ folks here, WOO! @Big Thunder remembered the words of the Lord Jesus Christ when He said, “Man ought to always pray and not faint”.......and that prayer last week was the fruition of God’s word!

God is a God of order. He is not the author of confusion and does everything well and with purpose. The Holy Spirit operates in excellence and we as the children of God are to do the same. We will close out our prayer tomorrow, as we petition the Lord for our sports officials. We know that in most sports, the body goes through extreme physical duress; we know practice requires countless hours, in the heat, rain, wind, etc. Training & practice requires mental strength as well as physical, and our athletes go through both transitional periods to prepare for performance. Unfortunately a lot of officials don’t take this into consideration when they are careless in their duties. Many are biased with some teams, many don’t fully have the training & knowledge to properly officiate, and many simply don’t know or care what they’re doing.

We will petition God’s wisdom and guidance upon all officials in all sports that require officials. We will pray that they do their jobs well, without prejudice and bias, that they are knowledgeable in their profession and to be honest and honorable, as according to 1Corinthians 14:40.

The alumna from THE Flagship of the Delta, THE University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff, will offer prayer on tomorrow! Join us please!

Back