Rickey Smiley given Honorary Membership to KKPsi

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
My question is, did Ricky Smiley ever play in any band? Any contributions to band programs across the Nation or even to Grambling? I remember when the bruhs made Bill Clinton Honorary at Gram during his visit. I can understand that one. Ole Bill was into music pretty hard back in his youth. Just curious about Smiley and his music/band connection.

But hey everybody is making folks honorary these days. Just saw Stephen A Smith and Ray Lewis become Honorary Omegas. So I guess I should not complain about this. LOL and SMH at the same time.

I was thinking the same thing. I never knew of Rickey marching.
My question is, did Ricky Smiley ever play in any band? Any contributions to band programs across the Nation or even to Grambling? I remember when the bruhs made Bill Clinton Honorary at Gram during his visit. I can understand that one. Ole Bill was into music pretty hard back in his youth. Just curious about Smiley and his music/band connection.

But hey everybody is making folks honorary these days. Just saw Stephen A Smith and Ray Lewis become Honorary Omegas. So I guess I should not complain about this. LOL and SMH at the same time.

I know Rickey plays piano and organ for his church. I've seen him play piano on stage at a comedy show. I believe he marched in his high school band. I don't think he was in the band at Alabama State.

If Im not mistaken Rickey Smiley was in the band at Skegee his freshman year then he transferred to Bama State

This is true. Rickey was MCP his freshman year while he was at Skegee and may have been while he was in Job Corp too (still cloudy on that part) so he has the marching band and HBCU band experience.

JR, he knows your LB V from ZPhi and actually gave him and Early a shout out on the radio the morning when he announced it. I was driving in to work and almost wrecked when I heard it. So then I had to check my sources to see if he was legit and I had it confirmed.

LOL!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4yIHOybMCMA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If Im not mistaken Rickey Smiley was in the band at Skegee his freshman year then he transferred to Bama State

True he marched for Skegee and was in Symphonic Band at Bama State. He is real cool with the band staff at Grambling since most are Que's lol

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back