Rick Fremin Named Jackson State Softball Coach

THAMES

Does anyone know why Kenya Peters left?

6112121.jpeg

Rick Fremin is J-State's new head softball coach

Jan. 13, 2011

JACKSON, Miss. - Jackson State University Athletics Director Robert Braddy, Sr., today announced the hiring of Rick Fremin as the new softball coach.

Fremin comes to Jackson State from Belhaven University, where he served for five years as the Blazers head coach. While with the Blazers, he amassed 186 victories to become the programs winningest softball coach.

"I look forward to this opportunity and the future of the Jackson State softball team. I am excited about becoming a part of the rich Jackson State tradition in athletics and academics" Fremin said. "I want to build on the foundation that is already in place and take this team to the next level."

Fremin replaces Kenya Peters who coached the Lady Tigers softball team for the last seven seasons before leaving the program in December......

link...

http://jsutigers.cstv.com/sports/w-softbl/spec-rel/011311aaa.html

She just wanted to change occupations nothing more nothing less just came in the office and said she was leaving from what I understand

Does anyone know why Kenya Peters left?

6112121.jpeg

Rick Fremin is J-State's new head softball coach

Jan. 13, 2011

JACKSON, Miss. - Jackson State University Athletics Director Robert Braddy, Sr., today announced the hiring of Rick Fremin as the new softball coach.

Fremin comes to Jackson State from Belhaven University, where he served for five years as the Blazers head coach. While with the Blazers, he amassed 186 victories to become the programs winningest softball coach.

"I look forward to this opportunity and the future of the Jackson State softball team. I am excited about becoming a part of the rich Jackson State tradition in athletics and academics" Fremin said. "I want to build on the foundation that is already in place and take this team to the next level."

Fremin replaces Kenya Peters who coached the Lady Tigers softball team for the last seven seasons before leaving the program in December......

link...

http://jsutigers.cstv.com/sports/w-softbl/spec-rel/011311aaa.html

Belhaven posters are going crazy that this guy left. They couldnt understand why he left their program after building it up and coming to us.

Fremin doesn't look like K Peters but SWAC softball is improving. This guy is already out on the ASA and NSA circuit. Now if PV gets up off the bench, Pine Bluff puts some money in it and A&M gets a fulltime coach you will see Smith (MVST), Marshall (Sou) push even higher.

Back