Rhian Benson - Gold Coast - Highly Recommended

ABE

Running and Gunning
Rhian Benson - Gold Coast

I bought Gold Coast this past weekend. I am hooked.

http://www.rhianbenson.com/main_hi.html

B0000CF340.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Re: Rhian Benson - Gold Coast

If that is the case ... why ain't you said nothing about it?

I assume you like Kem and Donnie much better since they get significant air time with you...

Dirty said:
If that is the case ... why ain't you said nothing about it?

I assume you like Kem and Donnie much better since they get significant air time with you...

There was a thread on here about Rhian months ago! You didn't see it?

I do like Donnie and Kem, but lately I really haven't been as heavily involved into the R&B/neo-soul music.

I did a search, but nothing came up...

So I started the thread. I thought I had seen something about it, but I could not pinpoint it. I guess the search isn't working all the way, huh?

Well anywho.. I just wanted to share!

I Highly Recommend This One

Its by a singer named Rhian Benson. She reminds you a little of Sade, except she's much funkier. She incorporates, jazz, hip-hop, R&B and a little bit of "spoken word" into one smooth "Neo Soul" package.

Nice.

Just like Sade, her father is from Africa, and her mother is from England. The sister is smart too, posessing a degree in economics, and having done some graduate work at Harvard.

Purchase the CD from the website below, and get a bonus DVD included that has two full videos and a nice long segment about her life. And the whole package only costs $10.99.

Check it out.

http://www.dustygroove.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/dga/search.cgi?usersrch=rhian+benson&issearch=yes

Here's what the website has to say about her new CD.

Rhian Benson -- Gold Coast -- Limited Edition CD & DVD . . . CD . . . $10.99 List Price: $11.99 (Item: 80616)

A sparking, richly spiritual jazz-influenced neo soul album from Rhian Benson -- a Ghana born, London learned singer, with a style that has roots in some of the best deep soul and jazz styles of the past few decades! What really pushes Gold Coast over as such a strong debut is the way it balances a prevalent affinity for the best attributes of artists like Fela (very smooth Afrobeat horns and percussion influences), 70s Miles Davis and Ramsey Lewis (the soaring, but still earthy spiritual vibe) with the much crisper and more easily approachable hooks and melodies of the neo soul movement of the last decade. Rhian's vocals have a very lovely and natural way of never over extending with the note warbling histrionics (which plagues a few of her neo soul peers.) She comes off somewhere between Nina Simone and Sade -- with a rich, expressively beautiful voice, but often rolling in sweet, kind of hushed tones for the best kind of natural feel. Nice! 14 tracks including "Words Hurt Too", "Say How I Feel", "Stealing My Peace Of Mind", "Soul Boy", "Shake It Away", "A Moment In Shine", "Gold Sky", "Young Girl" and more. The limited edition DVD includes the music videos for "Say How I Feel" and "Stealing My Peace Of Mind" plus the Rhian Benson EPK! (For a limited time the CD comes with a free DVD!!) (From the Neo Soul CD page.)

Re: I Highly Recommend This One

I've only heard her cut, Stealing My Peace of Mind. I like her style. I'll have to check out the rest of her CD.

cat daddy said:
I've only heard her cut, Stealing My Peace of Mind. I like her style. I'll have to check out the rest of her CD.

cat daddy,

The one you heard is a good one, but "Say How I Feel" is an even better one, in my opinion. Videos for both of these songs are on the bonus DVD that I mentioned above.

:tup:

Dirty,

Post a link to your thread please.

Thanks.

:tup:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

Deuce said:
:lol:

You didn't have to go there. You right tho' :emlaugh:

I'm feeling Michelle N'degeochello right now as well as some body named Dwele and a song called "truth"...

I don't know this other person, but the words to her song are "You're so F*cking Romantic..." ...That is the lick!

I am really late on Dwele. But I think I am gonna pick it up this afternoon.

Ms. Jag4Jag said:
I don't know this other person, but the words to her song are "You're so F*cking Romantic..." ...That is the lick!

That's Goapele, I have had her cd for about a year now it is really hot... She is currently on tour. Check her out if you get a chance.

goapele.jpg

Dirty: I hear them on XM 61. I really like that song Truth.

Toi: That's the one! I had no clue of what she looks like...her voice on the radio does not match her face. But I like that song!

JSU*Toi said:
That's Goapele, I have had her cd for about a year now it is really hot... She is currently on tour. Check her out if you get a chance.

goapele.jpg

I will be in attendence on April 9th at the Apache Cafe.. Thank Toi for telling me. Ticketmaster sucks!

Goapele

Gwa pa lay

Dirty said:
I will be in attendence on April 9th at the Apache Cafe.. Thank Toi for telling me. Ticketmaster sucks!

Goapele

Gwa pa lay

If you are coming to Atlanta for the concert, I can get your tickets for you they are only 10.00 and Apache is really really really really small

JSU*Toi said:
If you are coming to Atlanta for the concert, I can get your tickets for you they are only 10.00 and Apache is really really really really small

I wonder why I can never get concert info from Toi unless I come on the board.

JSU*Toi said:

Can I count on you this time?

If so, get me the tickets.

Shamocha doesn't call me either.

JSU*Toi said:

You must really have the hook-up because they're $15.00 at ticketmaster.

Back