Rev. Mrs. Ike: Don't judge a book by (her) covering

dacontinent

Preacher
I have had the pleasure of getting to know The Reverend Mrs. Eula M. Dent Eikerenkoetter this week. She is in town preparing for the funeral of one of her sisters. Her niece is a very good friend of our family.

Mrs. Ike is simply a wonderful woman. Down-to-earth, energetic, humble, helpful, and cooperative. I have not seen one of her husband's television broadcasts in more than 15 years, but I found it irksome. Still, I hope that he comes down for the funeral. I have always wanted to meet him.

Rev. Ike :tdown: Always had my grandmama send money for a prayer cloth...talking 'bout it would heal her of her diabetes. :xeye: I wish I would see him!

Rev. Ike's Quotes:
1. "You can't lose with the stuff I use"
2. "The 'lack' of money is the root of all evil"
3. " Forget about BLACK POWER, it's GREEN POWER"

He was all about "MONEY"..........HIMSELF ONLY!!!

Fortitude said:
Rev. Ike :tdown: Always had my grandmama send money for a prayer cloth...talking 'bout it would heal her of her diabetes. :xeye: I wish I would see him!
:lol: @ Fortitude. Really isn't funny though...he is the main reasons why I am turned off when it comes to TV preachers. So sad that they were charasmatic and persuasive enough to make folk believe they would be healed.

When I was a little girl, there was a preacher on the radio who told folk to put a glass of water on the radio and he would bless the water and then if they drank it, they would be healed. :rolleyes: I had a great aunt that did it every Saturday and declared that drinking that water made her migraines go away.

I didn't want to get into the discussion on the thread about mega churches, but I don't like MY PREFERENCE the shows...as I said I grew up watching Rev. Ike's buffonery and then Jimmy Swaggert's debacle just sealed it for me. Not my cup of tea!

JagBR said:
Rev. Ike's Quotes:
1. "You can't lose with the stuff I use"
2. "The 'lack' of money is the root of all evil"
3. " Forget about BLACK POWER, it's GREEN POWER"

He was all about "MONEY"..........HIMSELF ONLY!!!

Amen!!!!!

Seeing Spots...as I said I grew up watching Rev. Ike's buffonery and then Jimmy Swaggert's debacle just sealed it for me. Not my cup of tea![/QUOTE said:
I never saw Ike before 1985. I thought he was a carny act when I did. I had heard so much negative about him down through the years. Everything that I heard was verified. I just watched for several weeks just to see how bad it would get...and it did. Mrs. Ike seems very different; refreshing in fact. I have not discussed theology/philosophy with her, but she appears to be a very wonderful woman.

Back