RESET in November: 2017

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
Hello everyone! Happy November!

As always, we give thanks to God for another month! It's cold here in Little Rock, and I'm excited! I love looking at the magnificence of God through His creation, and as I've watched the leaves turn red, orange, yellow, and brown, it never ceases to amaze me how great and glorious the Lord God Jehovah is! Even His creation glorifies Him as He speaks and they obey. WOW!

Here is the RESET for November.

upload_2017-11-1_3-48-53.jpg

No License to Sin!
Romans 6:1-2

Before we were Christians, we were susceptible to sin. Sin had us in its grip. When we became Christians, our old self died (Galatians 2:20). We died to sin. Now, the important, valid question is: “shall we continue in sin?” GOD FORBID! NO! We cannot continue in sin because sin now conflicts with our new nature.

If you choose to succumb to temptation, you reject the freedom from sin that Jesus Christ gained for you by His death. If there is a sinful habit, an ungodly attitude, or an unrighteous relationship you need to put to death, DO IT! To defeat sin in our natural realm, we must overcome it by living in the Holy Spirit and by the Holy Spirit (Colossians 2:6). To live by the Spirit is to live in Christ and BY FAITH!

Remember: God’s grace is always motivation for us to resist sin. May the Lord God bless you as you recognize the grace to which you were called and complete the victory that is yours through Christ Jesus.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always.

Dr. Dawn C. Haralson, Ministry Leader
Daughters of Zion
First Baptist Church (NLR)

Back