RESET in 2017: May

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
Hello everyone. As always, I pray all is well with you and that you are in good health and Spirit. This the 10th day of a new month, and I stand on tiptoe anticipation for what God has in store for May!:)

Here is the monthly message for May. My Daughters of Zion ministry leader touched on this a little back in January this year, but I gained more in-depth knowledge and insight after reading this verse during my daily devotion.

I pray this gives you joy and comfort in the Lord Jesus Christ. Enjoy.

Praise ye the Lord

Psalm

/sä(l)m/
noun
a sacred song or hymn, in particular any of those contained in the Biblical book of Psalms and used in Christian and Jewish worship

Hallel
/hä lāl, hä, lāl/
noun
origin: Hebrew, meaning “praise”

One of the most highly recognized traditions in Judaism is the Hallel. It is recited/sung at the close of the Passover (usually at the end of a meal), and ushers in the 7-day Feast of the Unleavened Bread. During this time, hymns or psalms are sung, commemorating and acknowledging the mighty works of God, His deliverance and salvation bestowed upon His people, and adoration unto Him. Since the Great Exodus, this Jewish custom has been practiced, even during the darkest and most perilous times of those of the Jewish faith.

And when they had sung a hymn, they went out into the Mount of Olives
King James Version

The above verse is found in both the gospels of Matthew and Mark. It is a short verse, depicting the actions of Jesus and His disciples immediately after the Lord’s supper. This short verse gives us a powerful glimpse of the obedience of Jesus fulfilling all righteousness (before and up to Calvary), but it’s the key action in this verse and the time of the action that gives Christians/Believers a powerful reminder.

The Lord’s Supper took place between the events of the Passover and the 1st day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread (Hallel). Significantly, this is the exact same time before Jesus would experience His time of agony, betrayal, denial, abandonment, false accusation, beatings and sufferings, humiliation, and ultimately death. Knowing all this would happen to Him BEFORE it happened, Jesus was still able to sing praises to His Father. Rather than sit quietly, alone, and think of all the peril He would soon (undeservedly) take, He offered praise to the Lord God (who alone deserves all praise), and not allow His pending circumstance to engulf Him.

Our Christian journey is often tedious and unbearable. But no matter how dark the hour becomes, or how bad the season may be, or how difficult the situation, it is important that we do not allow our circumstances to consume us, but instead, lift our voices and give God praise! If Jesus can offer praise to His Father despite His circumstance, so can we. The Lord God Jehovah is faithful, He is loving, He is strong and mighty, and His mercy endures forever! There is none like Him in Heaven or earth! Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord!

Hallelujah! Salvation and Glory!
Honor and Power unto the Lord our God!
For the Lord our God is mighty!
Yes the Lord our God is Omnipotent!
The Lord our God, He is wonderful!

All praises be, to the King of kings!
And the Lord our God, He is wonderful!

Hal-le-lu-jah! Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah!
HALLE-LU-JAH! HE IS WONDERFUL!

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always.

Last edited:

Praise ye the Lord

And when they had sung a hymn, they went out into the Mount of Olives
King James Version

The above verse is found in both the gospels of Matthew and Mark. It is a short verse, depicting the actions of Jesus and His disciples immediately after the Lord’s supper. This short verse gives us a powerful glimpse of the obedience of Jesus fulfilling all righteousness (before and up to Calvary), but it’s the key action in this verse and the time of the action that gives Christians/Believers a powerful reminder.

The Lord’s Supper took place between the events of the Passover and the 1st day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread (Hallel). Significantly, this is the exact same time before Jesus would experience His time of agony, betrayal, denial, abandonment, false accusation, beatings and sufferings, humiliation, and ultimately death. Knowing all this would happen to Him BEFORE it happened, Jesus was still able to sing praises to His Father. Rather than sit quietly, alone, and think of all the peril He would soon (undeservedly) take, He offered praise to the Lord God (who alone deserves all praise), and not allow His pending circumstance to engulf Him.

Our Christian journey is often tedious and unbearable. But no matter how dark the hour becomes, or how bad the season may be, or how difficult the situation, it is important that we do not allow our circumstances to consume us, but instead, lift our voices and give God praise! If Jesus can offer praise to His Father despite His circumstance, so can we. The Lord God Jehovah is faithful, He is loving, He is strong and mighty, and His mercy endures forever! There is none like Him in Heaven or earth! Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord!

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always.

Thanks Lioness! Lifting my voice to the Lord and keeping my mind stayed on him, in praise, is exactly what allowed me endure a set of circumstances that came to finality this pass week. He'll take the sting out of our bitter situations while supplying our every need to deal with life's bitter cups.

Yes, let everything that hath breath praise the Lord!

Back