RESET in 2017: June

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
Hello everyone. I pray all is well with you and your families. We're about to enter into another season (summer) and about to say "goodbye" to the first half of this year. God is truly good for keeping us!

Before I post the RESET in 2017 for this month, I wanted to share a few lines from a song that's been in my head for several weeks now:

"I know You're able, and I know You can
Save through the fire with your Mighty hand.
But even if you don't, my hope is You alone.

I know the sorrow and I know the hurt
Would all go away if You just say the word.
But even if You don't, my hope is You alone.

You've been faithful, You've been good, all my days.
Jesus, I will cling to You, come what may.
'Cause I know You're able, I know You can
"
-"Even If" by MercyMe

I hope you enjoy this month's message.

As Christians/Believers, we know (or should know) that living a life of servitude unto God isn’t easy. Our walk with Jesus isn’t always luxurious or glamorous. We don’t live without hardships and challenges, our lives are not free from sorrow, torment, and pain; we are not above temptation, and certainly not exempt from committing sin. But as His children, we all can attest that God can deliver us from these things, and many, many have testified how He has allowed us to cross our own “Red Sea” or our own “Jordan River”. We all have shared our testimonies of how God is an “on time God” and have heard others testify of the mountains God removed in their lives. We use those catchy phrases, “Won’t He do it?” or “He may not come when you want Him to, but He’s always right on time”.

What about those times when God chooses to leave mountains unmoved? What about those times when He doesn’t calm the storms in our lives? What about those times when He allows the cancer to enter our bodies? What about when takes one (or more) of our children? What then?

It’s easy to sing praises to God when He allows the job promotion, or when our credit clears for the house, or when He heals our bodies. And that’s okay; we should always thank God for all that He has does for us. But because we as His children know the kind of Father He is, we should always have the same mindset as Job:

Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him”-Job 13:15

As the 3 Hebrew boys:

If it be so, our God whom we serve, is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. BUT IF NOT, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up”-Daniel 3:17-18

God may not deliver us from certain troublesome situations; He may not scoop us up out of the valley; He may not move the mountains in our lives. If He does not, rejoice in Him, knowing that He is faithful, He is good, He is our hope, and that He is able. No matter what we go through, it is imperative that we always clothe ourselves with the Garment of Praise so we can declare to Him, “Lord, it is well with my soul”.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always.

Back